Hooking up Hitch Wiring?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

indieaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never installed a hitch on a vehicle before. I got the actual hitch installed. I bought appropriate wiring harness for the trailer(s) i plan on towing. Now I have no idea where to hook up to the wiring. Jeep delaer wanted like $170 for the factory harness...I bought one for about $20 from an RV store. So i'll need to strip and connect some wires, that's fine. Where are all the tail light etc. wires located for me to hook into them? I thought i read a thread before with some pictures etc. of doing this but can't find it.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
How about... can you rip the towing package (wiring and hitch) from a Jeep that had it from the factory, then hook it up with one that didn't?

If so... he he he he. My sister will never know it was gone.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How about... can you rip the towing package (wiring and hitch) from a Jeep that had it from the factory, then hook it up with one that didn't?

If so... he he he he. My sister will never know it was gone.

Anything is possible :D ;)

Just tell her you're thinking of her - with today's gas prices, that extra unused weight is costing her money. See what a considerate brother you are??? :^o :p

Jaysus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There should be no stripping/crimping required.... most wiring harnesses now-a-days plug directly into vehicle wiring, no splicing required. Should take no more than 5 minutes to hook it up, run it where you want it, and secure it.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Oh she'll notice. I asked, lol. The question is whether Chrysler Financial will notice... after the lease return...