Hitch for 06 Liberty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ranger4327

Reaction score
hellooooo.... just found this site and looks very cool and informative. After i write this i am going exploring.

My question is the following. I bought a class III receiver/hitch on ebay that stated it was good for 2002 - 2006 (wich mine is an 06), but the pakage instructions say it fits 2001 - 2005 !!!!!! Is there a difference between the years and WILL THIS HITCH FIT MY 06 ???? thanks so much for any help.... happy holidays....

cb

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as I know, there's no difference in the rear end between years. I know the front end on an 05-06 is a little different from an 02-04, but I wouldn't think that you would have a problem with that hitch....but I guess I could be wrong. (whistle)

glaurick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Post a pic then I can tell for sure, should be 3 holes on each side , the kit should come with bolts only as the nuts are already welded in the frame
Easy 15 minute install. One tip though, get all 6 bolts started before you tighten one side all the way; a jack and 2x4 to old the hitch up helps also =D>

ranger4327

Reaction score
not exactly sure how to post a pic here nor have an acct at a photo hosting site..... but it does have 3 holes/side and came with 6 bolts and no nuts....... Will i have to remove any thing to install this or does it attach by itself to the frame? i may have it done during my next service or battle it myself if it really only takes "15 minutes". thanks for the help!!!!!

cb

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most likely the hitch is a couple years old (although not used) and was made before the 2006's came out, then it would have only said up to 2005 on it. The person who sold it to you probably realized this and just listed it for '06 as well.

It should fit fine.

DnA Diesel

Reaction score
The MOPAR Class III hitch I just put on was only listed to 2005 but fits on the 2006 without any problems. Before you lift the hitch into place, dry fit a bolt into each of the six holes, prefereably with some WD-40 (or my fave, LPS), to ensure that they'll go in straight with no cross-threading when you actually lift the hitch up into place. The MOPAR hitch install directions state 60-65 ft-lbs for the mounting bolts, so other hitches should likely be similar...don't overtighten and snap a bolt.

Cheers,
Duey