Hit a deer! Grill issues.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nathaniel

Reaction score
Like the title says, I hit a deer last night. As far as I can tell there isnt much damage to my Jeep. However, the grill is cracked to no end and shattered in some parts, I also lost a fog light. I didnt hit the deer that hard. That being said, I cant seem to find a site or manufacturer that has the grill I need to replace my damaged one. I have a 2005 Jeep Liberty Renegade. Black in color. If anyone can help me find a grill for my Jeep it would be greatly appreciated. Fog lights will have to come after. They are non issue right now.

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
For an 05 Rene you need one from an 05-06 Rene or 05-06 Rocky Mtn Edition. Are you sure only the grill is damaged?

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For an 05 Rene you need one from an 05-06 Rene or 05-06 Rocky Mtn Edition. Are you sure only the grill is damaged?

Not sure what the difference is but the part number for sport/limited/rene is the same : 5JJ86ZZZAF. Plus autotrucktoys list the same grille for all model?
Wierd since if you have the external fog light your grille won't be the same, good catch Hoosie.

For OP, this site is also a very nice place.

http://www.moparpartsoverstock.com/...-GL-LNJ--GV-MFKLNJ--H/6764178/5JJ86ZZZAF.html

Last edited:

Nathaniel

Reaction score
Thank you all for the help. Been driving the jeep around everything seems the same, cant find any leaks, or and other damage. As far as im can tell its just the grill and the fog light, i did find a dent on the hood though, nothing im too worried about. Still trying to figure out if i should just do it all my self or have insurance take care of it. Ill try to keep you all posted.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Hit a deer! Grill issues

My advice would be a good Weber at 350 degrees. Turn the meat once to sear each side, then turn the flame down a little and slow cook it the rest of the way. :waytogo:

:mfr_omg: Uh-Oh, completely missed the point, didn't I... kopkrab.gif

Seriously, I'm glad it wasn't worse. Good luck getting her patched up. :)

Nathaniel

Reaction score
yea, thats all im finding too.. the chrome grilles. Im not a fan of the chrome, but we'll see what happens.

bassmanbob

Reaction score
I hit a deer with my KJ back in 2011, was going about 30mph and it only tweaked the alignment alongside some plastics inside of the bumper breaking. One thing to check that happened on my KJ was a wiring harness which wraps somewhere around the bottom of the radiator (if I remember correctly) that exploded when the deer came in contact with it. The plastic around the wiring was destroyed and left a huge mess of wires exposed to the elements. I got some foam pipe insulation and then wrapped it around the wires and used zip ties to clean it up, haven't had any problems so far.