Hi from Scotland

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Derek Mc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi there chaps,
Derek from a fast entering winter Scotland. Just agreed a trade on my 02 Grand Cherokee for a brand new KJ called Cherokee still here but Liberty in your eyes. Bright Silver Fitted with the 2.8 CRD an Auto box and I have just agreed with the dealer to retrim in full pale grey leather.
This is my wifes car for her use and I am delighted to find this place.
OK first question being silver the amber front turn signals look a bit too loud! Anyone know if clears are available for it yet? I see them on the 02-04 m/y
Also I now the CRD is now launched in the USA how do you guys find it? Diesel is the common choice with the $7 gallon in Scotland and about 90% of all 4x4 SUV's run on this.

kj lad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome Derek,

The American guys don't have the orange repeaters on the wings like we do. But I have a seen place that do them (front, sides and back lights) but I can't remember where I saw them........... I'll have a hunt for you!

Ian

Derek Mc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks,
The front indicator units are readily available for the original Cherokee but since the change to the new front none of the ebay units list it fitting the 05 m/y KJ's
The side wing repeaters (I am told) can be switched with most that are twist fix so I planned on trying the VW ones for size O:)

Se7enLC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's nothing. I've been looking for clear lenses for the 05 as well, and nothing. Let us know if you find something that works, though!

thx1138

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ditto that. I'd like to get those clear lenses also. What's with some of these aftermarket guys? no clears..no gauge pods...etc. ](*,)

priell3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thx1138 said:
ditto that. I'd like to get those clear lenses also. What's with some of these aftermarket guys? no clears..no gauge pods...etc. ](*,)

You guys just waited to long to buy your KJ! 8-[

You must be registered for see images

And welcome, Derek.

duelly

Reaction score
i have new crd limited loaded minus the navigation system and i like it so far, i only have 2800km on it had it about a month.i went from a full size dodge ram hemi 4x4 to the jeep what a difference in the amount of fuel money i spend. i went from about 450.00 a month to about 120.00 price of premium sunoco diesel is averaging 98.5 cents per litre (libdarkk)

Derek Mc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome guys,
You would not believe the trouble we had with our 02 Grand Cherokee. It has the Mercedes 5 cyl 2.7 engine and the injectors let go. However it took the dealer 11 weeks to wrok on their removal including and I kid you not smashing! the rocker cover off then acid dipping the injector area to break teh carbon welds between alloy and mild steel finally it did come loose they replaced the three faulty injectors plus an fourth but reused the fifth, this caused failure problems leaving my wife stranded twice and me one with our 18 month old in the back, plus we still! had the original complaint of diesel exhaust fumes in the cabin from the fresh air vents.
Finally I sat down with the dealer principal and agreed a deal on a year younger Grand however we stilll had worries :-({|= then I saw the silver LTD sitting, brand new 06 m/y reg on 1st October 6 miles on the odo, they had two a silver manual with leather and a silver auto with cloth, we decided that we could always retrofit leather but she does (we both do actually) love auto's so we went with the silver Auto, then I asked them to bring in the trimmer and do a silver grey leather retrim and embroider Jeep onto the headrests so I will post up pics when she is ready and we have delivery.

I hope the VM crd is reliable and everything I read points to that so far we have had this engine (strted as a 2.5 crd) since the late 01 period and now some cars are well into three figure mileages with little or nothing other than routine maintenance.

With regards to the clear fronts like death and taxes,,,, they will be along I have a while so I can wait.

Talk to you all soon and sorry for the long post just wanted you to be aware of the Merc troubles in store

UKKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome Derek...

Should have gone for the petrol and not the diseasel...

...mind you, LPG is looking more favourable by the day!!

Hope you have fun in your KJ...loving mine after a month...

Cheers
Mark