Hi from Stoke on Trent England.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

klc

“It flies like a truck.”
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the neighborhood. I’ve learned a lot here over the past couple of months.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome as well, nice clean looking 2.8 CRD Cherokee !
How many km does it have, any planned mods?

Dude2112

Reaction score
Hi TC I don't have any mods planned yet, only had it 3 weeks. I have however had new Continental tyre's fitted to the rear.
I need to fit new mirrors as the ones on it have been knocked off both sides. The dealer I bought it from Bowden Cars in Stockport where supposed to provide them but they haven't even bothered sending me the receipt and warranty info I require.
I will defiantly be giving them bad feedback.
As for mileage it has done 139000 + miles. Sorry, I am English I don't work in KM...

Andy

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Has timing belt/waterpump etc been done yet
Need done every 100,000 miles and seems you are past that

Silvertwinkie

Reaction score
Sherfield English, Hampshire, Great Britain
Hey Up Youth!
Ex-Stokie here now living in Salisbury.
I've had two KJs and now using a KK. Also had an XJ but that's a sad story.
If you have any problem with those door mirrors they are available on eBay. You should get a pair for less that £100. I use mine for towing my Airstream

Attachments

• KJ+AS.jpg
    KJ+AS.jpg
    275.8 KB · Views: 9

Dude2112

Reaction score
Good to hear from you mukka. Looks like I am going to have to sort it myself. Going to get a full service done as well. Bodens should have done it but the service message still showing on the roof doofa.

Dieselover

Reaction score
Hi to all.
I have finally bought a 55 reg Jeep Cherokee 2.8 litre Limited CRD.

I have wanted a Jeep for years and thought that this model was a perfect mix of a useable vehicle and the classic Jeep look.

Andy.
You must be registered for see images attach
Congratulations on your purchase. I just purchased one myself and mines a 2006 Limited CRD. Mine has 182,000 miles on it and I’m trying to find information on if the timing belt and the glow plugs have been serviced and so far I’ve run into dead ends. All of the recalls have been found on my vehicle. I am having problems with the glow plugs and they’re only staying on for 2 to 3 seconds and I actually drove out to work one night and came out and could not get it started and had to leave it there until the next day and even my jump box was not enough to get it started and emergently where I work, they had a jump box that was powerful enough to jumpstart a semi and we did finally get it started but what I had to do was I had to cycle the key five or six times and possibly for 10 times and even then I had trouble getting it started. So just fair warning if you live in a cold climate, don’t be surprised if you run into problems.

Mike Phelps

Reaction score
Hi to all.

I have wanted a Jeep for years and thought that this model was a perfect mix of a useable vehicle and the classic Jeep look.

Andy.
Hi from northern Illinois!

Jonathan Willis

Reaction score
Hi to all.

Andy.
Hiya from Broadstairs, Kent.
Looks like the same colour as mine, don't see many of these green ones. I've got a 2002 3.7 L Limited automatic. It's only done 63000 miles and it's just passed its MOT with no advisories. Love it.
Oh yes, this is a great forum, very helpful and friendly people.

beelatch

Reaction score
Mine is green too, a 2006 Limited. Had it 2 years so far with 178K miles. Rebuilt ****** because it keep getting hot. The TC is usually the weak component on these vehicles and would often cause "shudder" issues, although overseas (outside USA) models aparently had a different TC that was not problematic. Before I could really drive it after that the cooling system developed a leak, believe it is a cracked head. Wouldn't be the first to have this issue. Waiting on a used engine because it will cost almost the same as putting on a new head, and these CRDs aren't easy to find so this way I'll still have a good bottom end left over in case I need it in the future, as I plan to keep this thing as long as I can make it go. I drive about 80K miles per year. I put an Amsoil dual bypass oil filter on it and I think it makes a difference as when the head was pulled the cylinders still looked great, cross hatches were still visible. Put a GDE hot tune on it and made a noticeable difference in acceleration, now it can almost get out of its own way. I can get north of 32 MPG with the right conditions. Also installed a ProVent [oil] catch can kit and deleted the EGR and my intake hasn't clogged yet :) These are most of the "accessories" I have added to help performance, longevity, reliability.

Things I would look at if I were you:

Was the fuel filter head 'upgraded'? The originals had a heating element issue, there is a Chrysler replacement, I believe it is a recall item as it was a potential fire hazard. Also if you notice that the engine runs rough or appears to be fuel starved, check the fuel filter. It may be clogged or even simply loose, they tend to get loose and lose prime. Fortunately you can simply tighten it and use the manual pump primer to reset it.

If you do need new glow plugs, opt for the 5V steel ones (with the red ring), they are the 'upgrade' from the 7V ceramics (white ring), and won't damage your engine if they fail. You SHOULD reprogram your ECM if you do, but don't HAVE to, they just may not last quite as long otherwise.

If you need a new TC, many prefer the Suncoast upgrade. That is what I used.

I think you will really enjoy it, it is a marvelous engine in a nice compact, nimble package that is very capable. BTW, my other vehicle is a 2017 GMC Canyon Duramax (I call it Minimax) which has the CRD's 2.8 liter successor. It is built by GM not VM Motori, but is essentially the same engine reincarnated (and updated). And it is wonderful too.

marjsyd

Reaction score
Hi TC I don't have any mods planned yet, only had it 3 weeks. I have however had new Continental tyre's fitted to the rear.
I need to fit new mirrors as the ones on it have been knocked off both sides. The dealer I bought it from Bowden Cars in Stockport where supposed to provide them but they haven't even bothered sending me the receipt and warranty info I require.
I will defiantly be giving them bad feedback.
As for mileage it has done 139000 + miles. Sorry, I am English I don't work in KM...

Andy
Thought the UK was metric same as us in Australia?

Dude2112

Reaction score
Thank you to everyone who has welcomed me to the site :p. Its great to see other gorgeous Jeeps of the same era.

One thing I have to say though. I have owned Bugs and even a Plymouth Valiant and when we see each other we wave.
Also in the Pajero club.

Why don't Jeep drivers do the same ?

Andy

klc

“It flies like a truck.”
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you to everyone who has welcomed me to the site :p. Its great to see other gorgeous Jeeps of the same era.

One thing I have to say though. I have owned Bugs and even a Plymouth Valiant and when we see each other we wave.
Also in the Pajero club.

Andy
There are a lot of KJ’s around here. Perhaps I should start waving. Or is it something that happens after your vehicle is twenty-five years old? I drove a ‘73 Beetle for ten years myself.

Michael Noland

Reaction score
I had a problem with my fuel filter housing early on. It had an air leak, and my Jeep would stall out like a limp home mode. I would pull over for a few minutes and it wouild start and run again. Once I replaced the housing, I've never had the issue again. I'm selling my 2005 CRD here in NM, and wondering what kind of prices people are paying.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

Also in the Pajero club.

Andy
They do, issue is Wrangler owners only wave at other Wrangler owners usually
Now two of my libertys are lifted / Modded and I even get waves from some of them
When I drive the 05 with small lift no waves though
Of course where I live in the country everyone waves at everyone else no matter unless you are oil field worker, they wave at no one LOL