Hi from Ohio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I currently have a 2000 cherokee that i have modded highly,
You must be registered for see images attach

i love it but am now looking for a newer jeep and a bit more fuel efficient. My sister has a 03 liberty and loves it, so i was looking at getting a pretty basic 06 4x4 with 60k.
Anyone come from a cherokee to a liberty and have opinions?
hows the power/ride on and off the road differ?
Also how is the aftermarket support for them?
Thanks!

Last edited:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
(welcome)

As far as aftermarket support, it isn't as good as the XJ, but it's decent and growing.

Sweet XJ.:)

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
(welcome)

As far as aftermarket support, it isn't as good as the XJ, but it's decent and growing.

Sweet XJ.:)

Thanks!
i didn't think that it would be as good of support as the XJ but i would still like to do a little lift if i do end up getting one, maybe a nice intake and exhaust.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks!
i didn't think that it would be as good of support as the XJ but i would still like to do a little lift if i do end up getting one, maybe a nice intake and exhaust.

Oh....in that case there are plenty of choices.....:)

Last edited:

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh....in that case there are plenty of choices.....:)

One thing that was nice with the cherokee, was the parts were real cheap even the RE lift was pretty nicely priced, i started looking into it and and the lifts are pretty pricey for libertys!
Sunday morning im taking a look at a nice 06 pretty basic other then 4x4 PW and PL its pretty bare but im alright with that. mine as well already looking into some soft 8s, maybe tint the windows a bit, add some lights rock rack and bumpers!

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
One thing that was nice with the cherokee, was the parts were real cheap even the RE lift was pretty nicely priced, i started looking into it and and the lifts are pretty pricey for libertys!
Sunday morning im taking a look at a nice 06 pretty basic other then 4x4 PW and PL its pretty bare but im alright with that. mine as well already looking into some soft 8s, maybe tint the windows a bit, add some lights rock rack and bumpers!

The KJ will be great for your needs....

I had my fronts tinted to match thee rear first thing...best mod yet!!!!:)

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The KJ will be great for your needs....

I had my fronts tinted to match thee rear first thing...best mod yet!!!!:)

yeah this one im looking at has no tint, i really do not like the look of no tint so that would be the first investment!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
What part of Ohio are you in? I live in Toledo during the week and down through Columbus and Marietta on the weekends
KJs ride better then the Cherokee for sure had a 92/95 and 98 before the 04 KJ lost of things you can do, lifts are not that expensive, full spring with shocks 650 or so If you want the real scoop let me know LOL
I am here and on LOST all the time almost

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i know its been a while, but the guy is in the army and finally had a chance to for us to look at eachothers jeeps. He loved mine, and his seemed pretty good. It does need a set of tires, and the right rear window makes the noise but does not move up or down.
Tuesday i think we are planning to meet again and make the trade!!