Heya and possibily a little help with Carfax

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

midnitewolf

Reaction score
Hey guys!

Well I got bit by the Liberty bug. As luck would have it, I ended up getting a Liberty as a Rental while at a Job interview in Colorado and since I got the job, decided I needed the Liberty too =P~

Anyway I am in the market and doing my best to buy one before I make the move to Denver and think I have found a deal but really would like to see a Carfax on it. If anyone can help it would be great.

Vin 1J4GL48K34W222998

PS I haven't see others asking after carfaxs so if that is against forum rules just delete this an sorry.

Anyway, thanks all and hopefully I will be a proud owner of a Libby in the near future.

B.

JC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I purchased my KJ this summer, I asked the dealer for a CarFax, and they bought and paid for it for me.

Whelan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All reputable used car dealers whether they be Certified Pre Owned or similar to Car Max will have a CarFax on file already or be able to get you one. At my dealership they always had them on file, we had one run before we bought the cars at auction and freshened them up with inspection before certification and front lot.

So just ask the dealer for one I am sure they can oblige. And if not, its like $5 to do it yourself.

One thing to note, CarFax does not always have a 100% guarantee. If damage was done to the car and it was fixed privately, meaning no insurance was involved, then it will not be reported on CarFax. Also check out NHTSA.com for any recalls regarding VINs in a specific series to see if it falls into a category.

2003KJ

Reaction score
Whelan said:
One thing to note, CarFax does not always have a 100% guarantee. If damage was done to the car and it was fixed privately, meaning no insurance was involved, then it will not be reported on CarFax. Also check out NHTSA.com for any recalls regarding VINs in a specific series to see if it falls into a category.

Or you can check out this link and punch in the last 8 digits of any Jeep vehicle you're looking at to view any outstanding recalls that need to be done.

A quick run of the VIN you posted shows that the KJ you're looking at still needs to have the Lower Ball Joints replaced.....this is recall that affects almost every KJ, and right now, your chances of finding another KJ that has already had the work done is probably pretty low, as a lot of the dealers can only do so many at a time.

But on second thought, if you're buying from any type of car dealer, I believe it's against the law (in most states atleast) for them so sell you a vehicle with ANY outstanding recalls....

rearwindow

Reaction score
Possible salvage title. Chrysler shows complete vehicle restriction.

Latest posts

Members online