Help !! Wierd happining with electrical works!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Riv's Papaw

Reaction score
Yesterday it was decided by the dealership that the tracks for the sunroof need replacing... OK...I can deal with that! 2005 with 10,000 miles the warranty covers it. However, after starting the Liberty up this morning I discovered the EVIC not working; several dashboard lights not functioning; as well as the Air Conditioning not working. The indicator light for the AC was on but was blowing ambient air. Called the dealership and they said they would check it out next week when they replaced the tracks for the sunroof. I later got in Jeep and started it up to find that everything was as it should be and has been working properly since. Does anyone know what happened and if it will happen again?

2003KJ

Reaction score
Run a quick check of your grounds in the engine compartment....make sure none have popped off or are making bad contact.

Also check the battery cables. Saw something similar on my buddy's truck not too long ago. Positive terminal had somehow worked its way loose from the battery (that was recently replaced), and was basically arcing off the battery. Jumped in the truck to leave from work and it wouldn't crank (completely dead from a disconnected battery). Hooked it back up and the electronics went wacko...radio didn't work, a/c blew cold on one side, and hot as hell on the other (dual climate control). He drove it home, restarted it, and all was well.