HELP! Heater air problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MotoRand

Reaction score
I bought a 2006 Liberty this summer and really enjoying it. But I took it on a trip this weekend and a couple of hours from home I noticed that I was no longer getting any real air flow from the heater. I could hear all the fan speeds working and could switch heater to defrost or whatever, but no air flow. It set overnight and now it is fine. What would cause this?

MotoRand

Reaction score
I have been looking around different sites and read about a possible problem with the air mixture door? I have also read something about a vacuum leak, but no idea where or for sure what to look at.

Please help.

MotoRand

Reaction score
It sounds close, I am wondering about a vacuum leak. When I change between defrost and something else, it takes several seconds to switch.

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this is for a TJ but may be worth checking these:

Fan only blows out defrost vents... - Jeep Wrangler Forum

I'm gonna have to check mine too.

If you disconnect the vacuum line from the intake manifold to the cabin...or if it falls off or splits...then the air only comes out of the defrost vents.

The Dealers knocked off the vacuum hose on my CRD....comes off a seperate vacuum pump....and I had this exact problem.:shrug:

Latest posts

Members online