Help for a neglected '03...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

diyman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've just accepted the chore of bringing back to life a nice but not taken care of 2003 KJ.
The new owners got her for cheap ( well, to local standards... ) with rear discs, 45RFE ( wow! ) and
something else I can't disclose ( all I can say she'll require 928/948 and reinforced tires....)
I'm still checking the vehicle but first thing she got was an oil change ( MC 5W-30) and the
blower resistor swapped ( while I was at it... ). Oil in the pan was 3.5 qt only and looked like crude :eek:

So, set aside the already planned maintenance ( I just can't imagine the condition of fluids..) my
scanner reported a dead ABS ( unit does respond but says it's faulty and that there was an over
voltage sometime so I guess it's due for a swap :(). Also, brake lights are not working and I
fear the switch is the culprit ( sounds a bit of a PITA to swap ).

Now, for '03 owners, anyone has ever needed a new ABS? Any Part number ? I know one cannot
trust official part lists when it comes to PCMs/ABS/BCMs and the like..

Also, shall check out again, but looks like she has a Dana 35 with tow package. Visual inspection
of ball joints was favorable but will have to check 'mechanically'.

Any advice?