Hello from the newbie :)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gotgigaflops

Reaction score
Hey guys I just got my liberty about a month ago and I have a few questions.

1 my jeep seems to have a vibration at low speeds that you can basically only feel in the gas pedal or the floor for the first 10 min of the day then it fades off and does not return until the next morning. it reminds me a lot of having a standard to too hight a gear. Any ideas what that might be?

2 I am installing a subwoofer soon in the liberty but i don't see much of a place to run my power wire through the fire wall. I was hoping some one has done this all ready and could offer me some advice.

3 My tailgate has a rattle, if I put some lithium grease in the latch it will quite down for a couple days but then return, is there a way to stop that?

thanks a ton for any info.

gotgigaflops

Reaction score
Pnorton said:
how about some more info on the liberty?

what would you like to know?

its a 2003 liberty limited, 3.7, I think its got just about every option for that year. It only has 35,000 miles so I don't think it had been driven hard.

I noticed that if the defroster or ac is on it does not go away. at 1500 rpm and about 50 mph it is real bad, makes me crazy.

Thank for that link, that will be perfect, I am running 8 ga wire.

Trodo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Vibration, at speed, tire out of balance possibly.
AC not coming on at some settings. Resistor swtich needs replacing, that's behind the glove box.

Pnorton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tailgate rattle. Adjust the striker so it latches a bit closer. Check the weather stripping, make sure it is still thick. after some time they could were out and need adjusting.

gotgigaflops

Reaction score
Pnorton said:
tailgate rattle. Adjust the striker so it latches a bit closer. Check the weather stripping, make sure it is still thick. after some time they could were out and need adjusting.

Striker? Is that the part in the tail gate? or the part in the jeep?