Hello From San Antonio Tx

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RIRENTERJEEP

Reaction score
My wife owns a 2005 jeep liberty and just recently it started making a horrible road noise (40-55mph) and we quiet can figure it out. We have replaced the tires, rims, had a local shop replace some bushings that looked worn out, and lastly had the hub barings replaced. But still no luck. I hope I can find some answers for this problem...
Thank you
Ricardo

long_tall_texan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, how many miles on it, are you lifted, and do you off-road it?

Might be a rear end or axle whine, but need more info to help you out.

Oh yeah, Welcome to the forum too.!

RIRENTERJEEP

Reaction score
Also, how many miles on it, are you lifted, and do you off-road it?

Might be a rear end or axle whine, but need more info to help you out.

Oh yeah, Welcome to the forum too.!

It is a stock 2005 jeep liberty sport 4x4. It has 87000 miles on it, and it has never been off roading. My wife uses it as her daily driver (highway and city driving only). When driving the vehicle it sounds like it coming from the front end. Its a rotational roaring noise. Once you get up to 60mph, the noise is not heard any more. But it is very loud once you get up to 40mph. I have checked all bushings and all look good, except for two that where on the lower control arm and strut assembly. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.
Thank you

4 ace's

Full Access Member
Reaction score
check you axle shaft out if the boot has a rip in it and leaking grease it will cause the bearings to go bad. and will cause it to make nosie i would have change that first before a hub bearing just replace my left side shaft on sat the shaft cost me shop price 45.00 for a rebuilt or 109 for a new one . but for to just go and buy it and your parts store will cost about 123 for a rebuilt and about 239 for new.and it's not hard to replace. i do it at work with a lift and air tools .but you can do it at home with a floor jack and some stands. let me know how it goes

RIRENTERJEEP

Reaction score
check you axle shaft out if the boot has a rip in it and leaking grease it will cause the bearings to go bad. and will cause it to make nosie i would have change that first before a hub bearing just replace my left side shaft on sat the shaft cost me shop price 45.00 for a rebuilt or 109 for a new one . but for to just go and buy it and your parts store will cost about 123 for a rebuilt and about 239 for new.and it's not hard to replace. i do it at work with a lift and air tools .but you can do it at home with a floor jack and some stands. let me know how it goes

I checked the boot and it is in perfect condition. I let my wife drive me around today and the noise was exactly the same on the passanger side. I always thought it was coming from the driver side (because i usually drive). So it has to be something transmiting accross the entire front end. Has anybody had issues with rear bearings?