Hello from Kentucky!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wdflr

Reaction score
Hey KJ guys and dolls, new member from Ky.
05 liberty, my wife bought in 06, trying to decide if we should repair, or part ways, after an overheat, blown head gaskets!
I'm going to search the site prior to starting my questions, thanks in advance for the help!

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Howdy and welcome. Did the HGs leak out or in? Coolant in the oil for any time is deadly to the bearings. If you ran it like that I'd probably look for a new engine.

wdflr

Reaction score
I don't have any coolant in the oil, which is a good thing!
also no oil in the coolant, also good.

wdflr

Reaction score
Howdy and welcome. Did the HGs leak out or in? Coolant in the oil for any time is deadly to the bearings. If you ran it like that I'd probably look for a new engine.

Itd02, Am I reading correctly, you have a 242, in a liberty?
if so, my search and questions are about to change!

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
242 refers to the NP242 Selec-Trac transfer case. I have the good old gas 3.7L Powerturd.

I blew an HG in my 02 which led to its ultimate demise. Mine leaked coolant into the oil and slowly the bearings failed until I spun a rod bearing. I fixed it with new bearings and a new crank but found a low mileage 05 so donated the 02.