Hello from Indiana

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm from Northwest Indiana on the southern side of Lake Michigan. I've had my 03 Libby for about a year now and now I'm getting the bug to start doing a few mods. Nothing big like a lift yet, since I'm not much of a mechanic. But eventually I'll dive in and see what kind of damage I can do by trying one!

I've been lurking on here for a few weeks and finally decide to jump in and join up. There's some really get information on this site and I'm still going through the old post soaking in the information.

indianrefining

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm from Northwest Indiana on the southern side of Lake Michigan. I've had my 03 Libby for about a year now and now I'm getting the bug to start doing a few mods. Nothing big like a lift yet, since I'm not much of a mechanic. But eventually I'll dive in and see what kind of damage I can do by trying one!

I've been lurking on here for a few weeks and finally decide to jump in and join up. There's some really get information on this site and I'm still going through the old post soaking in the information.

And "hi" to you, from southern Indiana!

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad to see some Indiana people on here too, hope to run into some of you guys on the trails!

Hey Tony, let me kknow how you like that Daystar lift. Sounds like one I might be able to do myself.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
speaking of northern indiana and trails... do you know of any that wont get me put in jail? :)

So far the only one I know about is the Badlands just South of West LaFayette. But I'm new to all of this.

I had an Izuzu Amigo for about 10 months before some @$$ decided to run a stop sign and t-bone me through the drivers door, totaled the Amigo, that's how I ended up with my Libby. I went out a couple of times with it and it was a blast! I went to a place down by Tippicanoe State park that I ran across one day. I wasn't sure if I could go in so I started to leave when a State cop happened by. I talked to him for a little bit and he said I could go in the trails, but good luck if you get stuck! It was just west of Hwy 35, but no idea what it was called. It looked like a hunting/ fishing area along a creek down there.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well hello and welcome......from no where near Indiana.

Can't help you out with the trails there, but wanted to say welcome.

Dave

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
501 thanks for the tippe tip! Ill try to find it. There is a site that i used to go to like 10 years ago attached to the salimonie resivoir i believe that it was at eitehr Pioneer or Peru ( just off of 124). I remember that i had to go through this little town to get it it. Ill try to find out where its at.
Also there are some tiny tiny little trails off of "river road" near bluffton. But last time i went past them ( last month) they were impassible for a stock Libby.

And it definetly ***** that the Badlands are 3 hours away from me.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the Welcome Dave! Some day I hope to make it to the BIG city of NY, but big cities freak me out with all them people running around :eek: .

Geeky, I find strange out-of-the-way places alot, I do Geocaching, it takes me all over the state. That's how I found the Tippie area. I hope to be over in Salimonie SP in the next month or so, so I'll keep my eye open for a spot to wheel and let you know if I find one.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the Welcome Dave! Some day I hope to make it to the BIG city of NY, but big cities freak me out with all them people running around :eek: .

I'm actually no where near NYC........ haha. If you ever get a chance to go to NYC, it is a life experience. You can get/do anything 24/7....I do get down there once in a while but it is a long drive. Actually I am closer to the Canadian Border than NYC. I am in the Upstate part of NY. We're all country hicks up here....:D

Dave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We're all country hicks up here....:D

Dave

I tried living in Atlanta for a while, but there was WAY to many people there for me, I'll stick to my little city of 35,000.

I'd rather be in the county, but I made the mistake of asking the wife where she wanted to live when we were leaving Atlanta. Won't make that mistake again!

I'm just a county hick myself!

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
I spent some time on google maps today, i think i found some place that might be worth investigating.

69 south to Markle, when in markle turn south on HW3 follow that to E 150 south ( turn left East), stay left on to W Oak Road, Continue east to N 500 W, its the next left. that whole area back there looks like its been offroaded.
501 if youre ever down there take a peek. Ill check it out next time im there.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Geeky, do you know who's property it is? I found it on my MS Streets & Trips. It's down in the Bluffton area right?

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
yeah bluffton area. I dont know whos it is. the road ends at the "access road" if you find it in google maps and do the satellite view it gives a good view of the area. to me it appears to be a series of easements to the farm land around the area. next time im down there ( assuming i beat you there) ill look for property markers.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tried living in Atlanta for a while, but there was WAY to many people there for me, I'll stick to my little city of 35,000.

I'd rather be in the county, but I made the mistake of asking the wife where she wanted to live when we were leaving Atlanta. Won't make that mistake again!

I'm just a county hick myself!

We have 1,833 people here in town per the last census.....as I said I'm really a Hick.....:D

Dave