Heat only hot when all the way up.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

frankjc

Reaction score
Hi. 2012 Liberty Jet Limited.
New thing going on with the heat. When i turn the temp ALL the way up, its nice and hot. If i set it any lower, like 75 for example, we get cold air. If i watch the actuator, it seems like it only goes all the way cold, or all the way hot, no in between. Coolant level is right where it should be.
A little history on the car.
New heater core (was leaking) and distribution box (broken gears): about 1.5 years ago. New Mopar water pump, about 1.5 months ago.
Was working fine until about a week ago, as I was told.

John P.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are your controls the dial type? I would start by checking the connectors to be sure they are securely locked in. If they are, I would replace the HVAC control unit. Relatively cheap to source used. I wouldn't think the actuator would be the problem since it has full range and you've replaced the box.

KKinTexas

Reaction score
Hi. 2012 Liberty Jet Limited.
New thing going on with the heat. When i turn the temp ALL the way up, its nice and hot. If i set it any lower, like 75 for example, we get cold air. If i watch the actuator, it seems like it only goes all the way cold, or all the way hot, no in between. Coolant level is right where it should be.
A little history on the car.
New heater core (was leaking) and distribution box (broken gears): about 1.5 years ago. New Mopar water pump, about 1.5 months ago.
Was working fine until about a week ago, as I was told.
I have a control unit I can sell you if you want. DM me.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.