He from Oz!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Damotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gday! Im a KJ Jeep owner from Down Under. We call them Jeep Cherokees here, unlike the Liberty name in the USA.

I live in a small town in Far North Queensland, Australia. There are not many Jeeps where I live and I cop my fair share of jokes and puns for driving a Jeep. It kinda bugs me, but my KJ has performed up here where others have not, so its always nice to silence the critics!

Theres lots of great 4WDing to be had in my area, known as Cape York. Famous for its diverse landscape and wildlife, including salt water crocodiles (makes water crossings all the more fun).

This is my 1st 4WD. I used to be a big gamer and I thought the fanbois in the gaming world were bad, until I stepped into the world of 4WDing. People are so defensive about what they drive!

I really enjoy my Jeep. Its pretty well modded and gets me where I want to go. I will be adding a snorkel soon as water crossings up here can be very deep and I wouldn't trust my car without one in deep water.

If I had to make a complaint about the KJ, it would be the lack of storage space. I will be adding a roof basket soon, but it would be nice if the interior were larger from the start. The KK really appeals to me, for this reason.

Anywho, its great to have found this forum and its wealth of knowledge and friendly people.

Cheers! :icon_razz:

Attachments

• FB_20150820_11_20_10_Saved_Picture.jpg
    FB_20150820_11_20_10_Saved_Picture.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

TannerC32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome. Interesting to hear from your experiences in Australia. Sounds like you have some cool areas around you. I plan on getting a roof basket soon as well. I'm surprised if the KK was any bigger though. Especially with the spare tire in the back. Is the difference significant?

Damotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome. Interesting to hear from your experiences in Australia. Sounds like you have some cool areas around you. I plan on getting a roof basket soon as well. I'm surprised if the KK was any bigger though. Especially with the spare tire in the back. Is the difference significant?

Thanks mate. To be honest, Im basing my storage thoughts just on looks alone. I haven't physically measured a KK, but visually it appears to be larger.

In my KJ, I cant fold the rear seats down unless the 2 front seats are pushed all the way forwards. Im a tall guy, so I need my seat in the farthest back position. This means I cant fold the seats down and load up the car and still be able to drive comfortably.

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea i hear ya. I am not tall but my kj is packed with tools and stuff. Just one word of advice will get you far here. Its not a car far from a car its a kj or jeep or lady killer or alot of thing just not a car.

Damotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea i hear ya. I am not tall but my kj is packed with tools and stuff. Just one word of advice will get you far here. Its not a car far from a car its a kj or jeep or lady killer or alot of thing just not a car.

Thanks for the tip. I think you guys call 4WD's 'trucks' in the states, too? We call them cars here in Oz. Ill be sure to use the right terminology in future :gr_grin:

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jeeps are jeeps trucks are like pick ups in my book and cars are the lil things we drive pass in the snow. I am in Chicago i dont get much off the road but i have spent some time with my jeep. There is nothing like it. Good to have you here. Alot of great information.

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why do they call them Cherokees over there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome.

Dave