Having Withdrawls....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The weather is getting warmer and there are no runs being planned??? What's up with that??? Anything down south... Russ, Mike???

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i mentioned in another post that i will be taking this next week off and exploring up in sedona,flag,glen canyon, north rim, and possibly canyonlands. I have a few buddies from cali commin out to visit, but our plans have been so fluid and indecisive, i have not wanted to post anything about it. We will more than likely be up in sedona and flag area sunday for a bit of exploring, was thinking lava tubes, and cinder hills. If anyone wants to head up there to meet us you are more than welcome. but again the plans are still fluid and based on weather and our motivation to freeze ourselves on some outdoor camping adventure...

rkeegstra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have anything on the calendar. Wasn't there going to be something on the 23rd?

I've still never done Martinez Cabin, or any of those trails in there between Florence and Superior.

We could try Chimney Rock over by Reddington Pass. I've never done that. Wells lists it as pretty difficult, though.

Signcutter21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear ya guys, I want to go play so bad. Especially with the great weather we've been having. Can only imagine how much warmer it is up there already. Mid 70s is great for me here. Going to have to take the CJ out soon. too bad they're calling for rain this weekend. :(
Unfortunately (well not so much) I found one of the banging noises in the KJ. Rack bushings are almost gone. No real plans for trips planned for a month or so. Also doing a 90k service in the next couple weeks, oils, brakes, filters, belts, etc. Putting some time and effort into it so I can get another 90 out of her.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, there was talk about another run on the 23rd, Montana Mountain again. I have another idea, if you guys want to kick it around.

We can do Martinez Cabin (Wells #52) the way it is described in the book or go in via Box Canyon (Wells #55) which is the way I've always run it. Then another way out, which is pretty scenic instead of back tracking, is to drop down by the Gila River and pick up Walnut Canyon (Wells #57) and go out that way. It's a fun all day trip and you come out on Hwy 177, just Southeast of Superior.

If there is any interest, I'll post it up in another thread....

rkeegstra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds good to me. Maybe 3/1 so o8k can get in on it?

Mike - good luck to you, hope it's not big $$$. See you soon, I'm sure.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Beth and I are okay with 2/23 or 3/1. M&P40 spoke up earlier that he could do a run on the 23rd back when we were planning Montana Mountain.

Robert, Casey... any inputs if you want to attend and what dates? I'm sure everyone would like to see both of you.

So, do we have a run and what date? If so I'll post it. How about posting on LOST too?

Last edited:

M&P40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
as of so far i am off on the 23rd and would like to go on a run that day. i am ok with where ever as i am due for a good trip. if it is on 3-1 i will be unable to attend as i will be working

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
as of so far i am off on the 23rd and would like to go on a run that day. i am ok with where ever as i am due for a good trip. if it is on 3-1 i will be unable to attend as i will be working
Okay then, the 23rd it is. If Casey is back he should be able to make it. If not, he's still up north out wheeling with his buddies from California.

Russ, are you and Mary in for this one?

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im the other way round, 23rd ill be just getting back from my trip from up north, but i can go if its the 3/1 date =] looks like either Robert or myself will be attending based on which day it is... too bad we cant both go on the same day Robert, so i can give you your fire tending tongs back :D

We ran that same route, only bacwards from what your describing, with Carlos, Shawn, Robert, it took all day and we where just getting off the trail at dusk... So ya may wanna get an early start as the winter months have shorter days...

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Casey... it's a tough call, but I'm going with the 23rd. Robert spoke up back before we did Montana Mountain that he couldn't do that run and the 23rd was his next weekend off. I mentioned to him we could always do another run on the 23rd, so I don't want to blow him off again. If your taking that weekoff, you said your plans were still fluid. Maybe you could get back a day early and make this one too....

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure. We're talking about going in Price Station Road, along the tracks, right? And coming out on 177?

An early start would be good.

That's the plan. I'm going to post this in a different thread with an 0800 show, 0830 rollout. Also posting on AZ LOST....

Last edited:

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AJ, good call! See ya if i see ya fellas! looks fun...

Members online

No members online now.