Hard water spots on windows

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fullmetalone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm a fairly experienced detailer, made my living for a while doing it, but i have never had to deal with hard water issues before. Out on our farm we have very hard water depending on what chemicals the rural water guru decides to pump into the system. The water spots aren't hard to get off the paint, but i can't for the life of me get them off of the windows! Any ideas?

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
I read somewhere (here) that you could claybar the windshield to remove spots...

Jaber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read somewhere (here) that you could claybar the windshield to remove spots...

I've done that, even buffed the windows. My buddy details cars on the weekends, one can learn so much from watching someone do a proper detail job.

rocknrun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When we bought our used motorhome it had windshield spotting; I truly didn't realize how bad it was until the first time I drove it at night; the distortion of oncoming lights made it dangerous to drive. I tried the usual home remedies and nothing worked. I ordered some Spot-X and I was amazed at how well it worked! Takes a little elbow grease, but it made the windshield look like new. Here's a link: http://www.spot-x.net/

Neb1373

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe try rain-x? I usually treat all of my windows and it works real well in the rain, maybe it will help with the spots? Try applying a couple times a couple thick coats. You may need a water spray bottle to help remove it though. I don't have hard water but it might do the trick.

67Customs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Duragloss makes a product called #755 Nu-Glass. It is made for cleaning water sports off of windows. You can use it with a cotton terry cloth by hand or a cutting foam pad with a polisher. I've had good luck both way, but I obviously prefer using it with me Makita.lol

It dusts pretty heavily, so be prepared to wash afterwards. It has the right combination of chemical cleaners and abrasives.

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
None of the napas near me ever stock duragloss products...i went to walmart and picked up rainx xtreme clean havent used it et but as soon as i do ill let everyone know how it works

tksautos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
squeegee or water blade immediately after getting them wet. I fought that battle daily doing details. However, I finally found an in hose filter for hard water. It took me seriously like 2 months to find one. I finally did at the Tractor Supply store, but the sales guy didnt even know they carried them. Simply stumbled across it one day. Its a white cap that screws onto end of the hose, and filters the water before getting into the nozzle. They are very similar to the ones used in air tool lines.
That made a HUGE HUGE difference. Maybe you could track one down in google!

1BADKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All you need is some 0000 steel wool and some 3M fine rubbing compound. Makes the glass perfect.

Palma

Reaction score
A water softener and a Filter in tandem will do everything you need. That is what I used to take car of a 86 foot race boat. We had to wash it everyday and if you didn't have the filter hooked up you would be washing it again.

I've always used vinager to remove water spots in general. Especially on glass or stainless

HomeSydney

Reaction score
Hello Dear,

Dry Tech provides commercial carpet cleaning, office cleaning and other cleaning service. Their professional services including maintenance & rubbish removal for commercial places such as pubs, clubs, schools, restaurants, retail shops, shopping centers, buildings, warhouses & car yards.
Commercial Carpet Cleaning

DryTch has professional and experienced team of carpet cleaners which offer you carpet steam cleaning services in Sydney that keeps your carpet neat and clean. Their carpet steam cleaning techniques are injected deeply into the carpet at high pressure and are instantly extracted.
Carpet Steam Cleaning

Latest posts

Members online