guage lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
anyone i here has had any problems w/ the guage lights. (aside from the usual flickering)

my gas gauge is dimmer than the rest of the gauges. and the E on it, is like almsot unlit.

probably take it in to the stealer..i got a few things i need to get done anyway(gawds i hate going there)

2003KJ

Reaction score
are you sure your dimmer switch thingy on the headlight stalk isnt turned down some by mistake? I do that all the time, and dont realize it till the evening when I go to turn on my lights and I can't read the odometer or the radio or anything like that.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
naw, everything else is illuminated, but...
and yes, i have turned the dimmer on the stalked just in case i thought i was crazy...but nothing

dnm45227

Reaction score
My '02 has a section of the speedometer guage that isn't as well lit. It's most likely a blown bulb in that section. It's not worth the cost or aggrevation of tearing the dash apart though.

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just fyi, once they start tearing your dash down to fix stuff like that....they usually don't get it back together right, at least based on my past experiences...still I prefer to have things properly illuminated....

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
yoda13 said:
just fyi, once they start tearing your dash down to fix stuff like that....they usually don't get it back together right, at least based on my past experiences...still I prefer to have things properly illuminated....
yeah, and knowing my dealer, i'll probably have to bring it back like 3 times.

this past weekend,i noticed, the whole gas guage is poorly lit. i can barely see the needle...

dnm45227

Reaction score
That's ok it's usually on "e" and with gas prices what they are...ingnorance is bliss.

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if this were my problem, I would really be torn, I like for everything to be properly illuminated, and with the low amount of gas i keep in the tank these days...I must be able to see the gauge...Man I don't know what I would do.... ](*,)

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
so it's w/ the dealer now..and it's gonna take a few days....(dammit) ](*,)
they say it mig be electrical..im like...it's just the gas guage thats poorly lit..

oh just THE gas guage?...

um yeah..thats what I said didnt I....

at least i didnt get my old service advisor....he looks so condecsending...

ARGH NO JEEP FOR TILL WED!!! ](*,) ](*,)

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
04RkMtnKJ said:
warranty?

nope..just got a call from them, the bulb was out....and it wasnt under warranty (WTF was the extended warranty good for?)

good thing is they only charged me 1 hour labour
bad thing is it's 91/hour
they have a 3 hour minimum labour charge....

4Factor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
-=JoN=- said:

Cherish that $91 bulb forever... have a funeral for it when it dies! \:D/

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
4Factor said:
-=JoN=- said:

Cherish that $91 bulb forever... have a funeral for it when it dies! \:D/

correction 96.50 (5.50 for the bulb itself)

wtf....i shouldve done that myself.....

and of course, w/o fail, my brush guards have grease prints all over it, some spots in the windshield interior, mirror settings all over the place...

AND

the vent to the left of the steering wheel,loose, and the fins pointing all over...

](*,)