GRRRRRRRR Window *&^(*%*( GRRRRRR!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DougBenn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another rock hit my (New) windshield tonight at the stoplight 2 blocks from my house.

This one is only a few months old. These windshields suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

director.gif chairshot.gif doughpoke.gif smashfreakB.gif (deadhorse) (censored) (censored) (censored) (censored) (censored) (censored) (censored)

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
My windshield is a warzone with craters everywhere, It looks aweful, I hate it, too.. Once I had no idea they were chip-aways, I kept cleaning and wiping and they never go away..

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DougBenn said:
Another rock hit my (New) windshield tonight at the stoplight 2 blocks from my house.

This one is only a few months old. These windshields suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

director.gif chairshot.gif doughpoke.gif smashfreakB.gif (deadhorse) (censored) (censored) (censored) (censored) (censored) (censored) (censored)

OMG!!!!!!!! I Just got nailed today just above my drivers windshield wiper.....I just got the windshield back in the spring time!!!!!

Let me reiterate...

THESE WINDSHIELDS SUCK!!!

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know man... I think i got 500 deductable, if I get it changed with an 02 windshield just to get the OEM faded tint at the top, how much would I have to pay?

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Ladies and Gentemen:

You bought a brick on wheels. This is one of the consequences.

Imagine what H2 and H3 owners must go through?

DougBenn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You bought a brick on wheels. This is one of the consequences.
NEGATIVE! I have owned every kind of Jeep and put way more miles on them. I went through 1 windshield in the last 15 years until I bought the Libby. In an effort to save the almight $ that it would cost to make a decent windshield DC continues to skimp and use inferior materials and thinner materials to help increase their profits. Don't be fooled, the Libby has more of an angle to it than alot of pickups and other sport utilities.

My 1966 CJ5 was a brick on wheels.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
So your blaming DC for using cheap glass? Its made by PPG, not DC. O:)
While that's true, DC gives them a price point to meet.

However, I must tell everyone, if you want cheap glass, you really need to look elsewhere. Korean makes for example. That stuff sounds like tin when you accidentally slam the seat belt into it. The tiniest little windshield chips that do exactly that... make a chip in the Liberty's windshield, creates a crack that extends the entire length of a windshield.

It's still not an aerodynamic vehicle. Cherokee and Wrangler owners have the same complaints.

In short, it's not worth worrying about.... well maybe it's just me. I'm thinking about more major problems, such as EGR valves, lol.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
liberty's windshield is like 75 degree angle while some of the others are like 45. That causes bigger impact where on the others it just slips to the roof..

DougBenn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do agree that it is less of an angle than many others, but my Cherokee and CJ all took harder hits and no damage. Just think they are making the glass too thin.

DougBenn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's great, wish I could say the same.

2 Libbys. 1st one cracked on it's own. No rock, no nothin, just a stress crack.

2nd one was a rock, no large, but still a rock. This one, looked lika a small dragonfly coming at me while I was sitting at a stop light.

Just bad luck I suppose. Still *****.

This one I bought a crack repair kit to keep it from spreading, well see how that works.
:-k

timmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought one of those kits and they suck.

What I did was put superglue in the crack and use a home-made squeegee to skim the glue over the whole area of the chip and then feather it onto the windshield by about 1/4 inch. Four months later and I can still see the layer of superglue on that chip. The superglue is virtually transparent and if you didn't know where it was you wouldn't see it.

My method doesn't hide the chips but I think it protects them from spreading, from what I've noticed anyway.

Hope this helps...

DougBenn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This was a permatex kit. It actually seems to have worked pretty well. It also hit some of the damage, but appears to have filled the rest with the epoxy (superglue). I thought about using super gluebut chickened out. lol

timmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't remember what make mine was but it had suction cups and a screw mechanism that didn't work very well...