Grrrrr....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeepkj02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So today I was washing my Jeep and as I was finishing up, I parked it back into the garage and bam! My passenger side mirror broke! IDIOT!! :mad: (banghead) The actual mirror did not crack, but the plastic mount that connects the mirror to the "thing that moves the mirror left/right/up/down" is what broke. Hopeful the part isn't too expensive. I sort of got it back into place but it is still loose. I am suck a dumb a$$. I tried looking on this site couldn't find what I wanted. I could probably take a picture and post it tomorrow (it will probably fall off anyways).

Lizzys07Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That *****...however, be at ease knowing that all of us have something similar, so don't beat yourself up too bad.

I know I have.

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also Guilty, few years back in my 98 honda civic. Got too close to the house backing up, sheared the whole freakin thing off.

jeepkj02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, this was not the first time. It did hit the side mirror a couple of times only left a white scratch (paint), but this time was the first time it actually broke. With a little elbow grease, the paint eventually came off.

2003KJ

Reaction score
I've got one better, i've actually hit my house with the Jeep while I was trying to get it out of the garage.....kinda an interesting story there...

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran over a UPS guy in the Charger when it was one month old...but that was totally his fault. I would tell the story but I have optioned the rights for a made for TV movie about it to Oxygen.

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back in Feb or Mar my cutter got sent from CT up to MA to do some icebreaking. We were pulling into the CG base in Woods Hole. They allow people to park right on the seawall, which is dumb in my opinion, because anytime a cutter mooring up comes in, lines get heaved across....and that's what happened, our first line got heaved over, and went smack dab into the driver's mirror on an Integra. Fell right off. Then on top of it, I had to go help the kid prepare his paperwork for his meager claim against the gov't.

jeepkj02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stop by my stealership today to get a quote on the part, he said I needed to replace the who assembly. ($125) I drove it today (very windy) at around 50-60mph and it did fall off. Not sure how it will do on the freeway. It's exam week so I'll probably slap some duck tape on it and fix it next week with some gorilla glue.

musicaldoc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well don't worry, listen to what I did a few months after I got the licence some some some years ago. It was my father's car...I got it out of the garage, got off living the shift in neutral(stick gear) and while I was closing the garage door I heard a BANG ](*,) ...I turned around slowly (starting spraying curses in the air director.gif ) just to see that my father's loved car crushed on the wall at the end of the path.

I simulated a 3 days vacation while I brought the car away imediately to the mech for the repair...when I got back my parents asked me if I enjoyed the vacation SHOCKED.gif .....GREAT BUT A LITTLE BIT EXPENSIVE (biggthumpup)

jeepkj02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well don't worry, listen to what I did a few months after I got the licence some some some years ago. It was my father's car...I got it out of the garage, got off living the shift in neutral(stick gear) and while I was closing the garage door I heard a BANG ](*,) ...I turned around slowly (starting spraying curses in the air director.gif ) just to see that my father's loved car crushed on the wall at the end of the path.

I simulated a 3 days vacation while I brought the car away imediately to the mech for the repair...when I got back my parents asked me if I enjoyed the vacation SHOCKED.gif .....GREAT BUT A LITTLE BIT EXPENSIVE (biggthumpup)

WOW!! What kind of car was it? Did you get away with it?

RamSport47

Reaction score
I hit the house just yesterday backing out of the driveway...luckily the mirror just folded toward the front of the Jeep...no damage, no foul :D

musicaldoc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW!! What kind of car was it? Did you get away with it?

It was a brand new LANCIA (and I spent apx 250 dollars of the time to get it invisibly repaired...we were in lost in time 1981...:( ) a nice italian car for the time being, the second car I drove after my mother's mini morris.

Then my father shifted to a Chevy Blazer, but that's another story....imagine people's eyes when we passed with that big truck in the small italian roads at the time the Blazer could be seen only in the hollywood movie "EARTHQUAKE".

You can bet I felt almost embarassed!!! lol3.gif

Last edited: