Ground Clearance?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KOrgan0824

Reaction score
I have a 2002 KJ Limited 4WD, and I was wondering what the ground clearance was. I’ve heard that some liberty’s (I think before October 2001..?) we’re built in factory with higher suspension, before being lowered to make highway driving more comfortable. If someone can help me out that would be great, I really don’t want to get on the ground with a ruler!!

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Factory specs with solid suspension, proper sized tires, etc. is 7.4 to 9.4 inches depending on model year and trim.

Ruby

Reaction score
Your gona be somewhere between 8 and 5 inches. Best way to find out is take a tape measure go from the lowest point and find out yourself because springs and shocks soften differently over time.

Yetiboy01

Reaction score
Springs & shocks normally wont effect the ground clearance unless they are totally sagged in the front as the lowest part on the jeep is the rear diff housing, only way to raise that is with larger diameter tyres.