Greetings KJ-lings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
Hello all.

Chuck here with an '05 CRD stuck in my shop for a timing belt change. Finally got the right tools to get the fan off and the crank pulley looks like the next obstacle. Much reading and homework to do on that.

Power mirror question for anyone that knows... They both don't work so I suspect the switch but I'm hearing that a lot of newer cars have problems with windows and sunroofs and other systems that just get confused in the computer and stop working right until some sort of voo-doo reset process is performed. Are the jeeps this way or should I just try a new switch? I'm into the door anyway for the door stop strap.

Anyone know of a good internet parts source for basic stock Jeep stuff?

So many questions; only one Jeep.

Chuck

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello all.

Chuck here with an '05 CRD stuck in my shop for a timing belt change. Finally got the right tools to get the fan off and the crank pulley looks like the next obstacle. Much reading and homework to do on that.

Power mirror question for anyone that knows... They both don't work so I suspect the switch but I'm hearing that a lot of newer cars have problems with windows and sunroofs and other systems that just get confused in the computer and stop working right until some sort of voo-doo reset process is performed. Are the jeeps this way or should I just try a new switch? I'm into the door anyway for the door stop strap.

Anyone know of a good internet parts source for basic stock Jeep stuff?

So many questions; only one Jeep.

Chuck

Have you logged into LOSTJEEPs yet?
The most up to date, complete CRD section there is for the KJs
Read the " Complete Guide for Newbies and go from there

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you logged into LOSTJEEPs yet?...

I love LOST. My only complaint was that every time I've gone there for some time now 90% of the posts have been CRD-related. If I were a CRD guy that's where I'd start. :waytogo:

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
Gracias, I'll be making a list and checking in with them.

LOST JEEPS is great. I was there awhile back and didn't get internet for a long time. They don't remember me if I half remember myself right. I think my password was Jc48dFgTa38r. Can't start anew 'cause I'm already there. Couldn't find anyone to talk to so I left confused and here I am... lost from LOST JEEPS. Philosophically the dark side of Jeepery. Maybe if I had a lighter Jeep it wouldn't be so dark.

Anyway, it's all out of sight in the past what with the mirror switch.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Gracias, I'll be making a list and checking in with them.

LOST JEEPS is great. I was there awhile back and didn't get internet for a long time. They don't remember me if I half remember myself right. I think my password was Jc48dFgTa38r. Can't start anew 'cause I'm already there. Couldn't find anyone to talk to so I left confused and here I am... lost from LOST JEEPS. Philosophically the dark side of Jeepery. Maybe if I had a lighter Jeep it wouldn't be so dark.

Anyway, it's all out of sight in the past what with the mirror switch.

If you want back on and having issues let me know.
I'm a Moderator over there as well and can get the right person to work on the issues if you have one

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
That would be great Tommudd. I think I was turblediesel there too, maybe with caps. Couldn't find a contact point to click on there but I'm not very good at the whole internet/phone technology. Learning new obsolete phone and the whole system keeps crashing out here. Lost Jeeps does seem to be the epicenter of CRD knowledge. Here is nice too. Liberty's are Liberty's regardless of what makes them go.
My Liberty needs to start earning its' keep by fall so the head can come off the Ford.

Got my sun bleached Jeep notes here to look through. Maybe I'll find myself there and be able to log right in to Lost Jeeps. Must do Jeep homework, dog walk, BBQ...

Best wishes Tommudd and fellow Libertians. Hope you all have a good day.

Chuck