Greetings from Long Island, NY

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jameslw3d

Reaction score
I just purchased an 05 Liberty Renegade. Can't wait to take it on the beach and some easy off-road trails. Kinda new to 4x4s, bought it to go fishing on the beach, and in the winter to make those insane treks to the mountains when they are calling for huge amounts of snow.

When I bought the vehicle I was completely ignorant to "Wheelin." A guy in a local club suggested that if I really want to get into it, I should buy a beater and if it's runs... consider it a plus. Insinuations seem to lean towards the Liberty being less trail capable than other Jeep vehicles. With all the mods that are installed in "serious vehicles" what difference does the body make? Or is it something else?
Thanks,
James
'05 Liberty Renegade Sport

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Less trail capable than other jeep vehicles? I think not.. maybe you could say that for KK but not for KJ. It is still second in line with all sort of angles on off-road performance among other vehicles they slap a jeep badge nowadays..

Welcome to the forums, where in L.I. are you? we have a few other members here from Long Island, and being New Yorkers we are, we could never manage a get together for meet and great or for mild wheeling. :)

Once a year around September/October we meet at Bear Mountain for Tower of Power get together.