Great White North Calling...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BowWow

Reaction score
Greetings and Salutations!

My wife has wanted a Jeep since she was a teenager, which was only a few moons (and 8 kids) ago... Well, Ma Nature dropped a quick little batch of tennis ball-sized hail on us a few weeks ago and (among other things) totaled our '72 Mini Winnie motor home. So with the settlement cash in hand she went shopping, and lo and behold, we now find ourselves the proud owners of a 2002 Liberty! She finally got her Jeep!

Now comes the sad part of the story. I'm working away from home, and won't be back until the end of October. I'm dying to get my hands on the little girl (and the Jeep too!), but will have to wait a couple of months. So I'm cruising the forum, gathering ideas and tips, and slathering at the jaws to do a little modding.

It's her Jeep, so I have to be careful not to "man it up" too much. Just saw where another member here installed a set of 20's that looked pretty good. Mrs. Wow won't be off-roading much, but we do get our share of the deep white, so the 4x4 will definitely be in play. I'll add some recovery hardware, mainly to help others out of the ditches during/after blizzards. And perhaps I'll get a bit more watts out of the fog lights. Inside we'll semi-hard wire in the GPS and build a rear shelf. So far she seems pleased with the stock sound system. Oh, I'll do the 5 lug nut spare tire mod and mesh in the grille, too.

Mrs. Wow had our local trusted mech do a once-over, and he pronounced the new toy in "great shape." Did the full fluids swap (diffs, t-case, trans, motor, rad flush), so it looks like she's rockin' and rollin' - WITHOUT ME!!!!

Anyway, I'll post stuff I'm doing as it happens over the winter. Glad to be a member of what looks like a friendly, smart forum!

Last edited:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome and enjoy the forum and your Jeep.

Dave

BowWow

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome, guys!

Here she is, parked behind the old homestead...
You must be registered for see images

badkittystt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome! And remember, a jeep with big tires and a lift isn't manly, it's a jeep! (says the girl who can't afford a lift :disgust:) But welcome, have fun, and I hope you and your wife enjoy your new kj!

BowWow

Reaction score
Thanks for the warm reception, all!

BadKitty, I haven't had a chance to show Mrs. Wow some of the "manly" Liberty pix I've found. But there's a whispering around the back of my brain that says she just might want to do a lift with tires... We shall see, we shall see!

P.S. Manly or not, I kinda like Pride and Prejudice...

first&lastKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife wanted her KJ lifted, so she got what she wanted. It's been almost two years with the lift and she loves her Jeep even more now.

You must be registered for see images attach

BowWow

Reaction score
Well, we had "The Talk" last night. The Lift is in! Woot!!! So bag the 20's, we're going with a 2" mid weight lift and some appropriate wheels (still in research stage on sizes, offset, etc.)! Looks like a nice winter project has been born!

first&last, your Jeep looks exactly like what we have in mind! Beauty! What tires are you running?

I'm also looking at swapping out the seats. Not very comfortable, and we tend to do longer trips fairly often - several 5-hour rides and a few 12+ hour shots per year. Any suggestions for aftermarket seats?

Last edited:

first&lastKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
first&last, your Jeep looks exactly like what we have in mind! Beauty! What tires are you running?

They are Maxxis Buckshot Mudders 245/75/16. Thats the largest size you should go with.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC

BowWow

Reaction score
Thanks, F&L and RnJ, for your responses! I'm looking forward to getting home and getting to work on this thing!