Great Gas Mileage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RenegadeRecruit84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok well I'd figure I'd come tell everyone that I'm getting fantastic gas mileage right now. I'm driving on base and off a tad. Here's the proof.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

I accelerate very slowly and keep the RPMs below 2K as much as I can. When going up a hill or incline I don't press down the gas at all. When going downhill I just either slip it into neutral or barely put any pressure on the gas. Sometimes it's the little things that make it better.

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
We drive this way too... if you Google hypermiling, you can find out other little tricks to try. :)

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drive with a heavy foot. I get 16.5 consistently. I don't pay attention to the EVIC and calculate manually. This week I drove 75% highway at 70mph and averaged 18.7. I have 245/75 Duratracs. Not the heavy ones. I guess your results may vary.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been getting ****** gas mileage because of a heavy foot and some really old spark plugs. Maybe 13-14 lately.

Eicas

Reaction score
Freeway driving at 60 to 65 mph in rolling hills I get a 22 to 23 mpg with the air condition off, and 15 to 17 mpg around town once it's warmed up. When possible, I accelerate at around 3,000 rpm and then keep up with the traffic but am easy on the throttle.

MPG goes down if I turn on the air, cold engine and short drives, accelerate up hills, etc. My MPG has jumped a bit with the warmer weather we are having, - maybe because of quicker warm up?

2006 Liberty 3.7 w/auto, completely stock, using 75W-90 Valvaline synthetic oil in the differentials, Autolite XP5224 Iridium plugs gapped to specs, tire pressure at 35 psi., fresh transmission service, and fuel system cleaning.

MoD

Reaction score
you all are crazy! on a full tank of city driving never getting over 45 i at least get 16mpg and with a full tank of highway driving cruse set at 65 I get 24-26mpg. the most I have ever averaged on a tank is 26.86 and that was after brand new spark plugs and a brand new amsoil air filter and fairly flat driving no ac or heat on

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
Dunno what y'all are doing wrong, ThunderbirdJunkie averaged 29.6 MPG on his trip last weekend.

Sent from ThunderbirdJunkie's mind via satellites

Members online

No members online now.