Grand Cherokee rear hitch kit on Liberty?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TimR

Reaction score
This is a odd question, but does anyone happen to know how the Grand Cherokee rear hitch receiver kit (82206837) differs from the Liberty rear hitch receiver kit (82207535)?

It looks like it will install other than the instructions mention to reuse 4 fasteners (which don't seem to be installed on the Liberty). I suspect (hope) that it's actually the same except for the installation fasteners.

My wife ordered this for me, but accidentally got the Grand Cherokee one instead of the Liberty. I hate to pay to ship it back, just to get the exact same item with a couple extra fasteners returned to me.

If anyone could send or point me to a copy of the Liberty model installation instructions that may answer my question.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Tim

Trodo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't believe the two are similar.

http://www.spanosg.com/Jeep/

Click on that link, and pick "SKID PLATES/ARMOR" scroll down and select Fuel tank skid plate, inside those PDFs from the factory it shows the install and removal of the Tow Hitch. It should give you an idea.

Latest posts

Members online