Grabber A/Ts on stock rims

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ATP

Reaction score
Simply put, will 235/70R16 General Grabber A/T's fit this stock 16x7 rim:
You must be registered for see images

Now I know it's silly, but the only reason I ask is my dad went to "a couple" of tire places and claims all of them said only Wranglers fit on that rim, and I instantly said BS to that...it sounded so made up or that the garages have a bunch of idiots working there.

Thanks in advance.
Joe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure about the Grabbers, but I have Firestone Destination A/T's 235/70R16's on my stock rims. So something other than Goodyears will work.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as I know, no problem whatsoever. The stock alloy rims are 16"x7" as well. I have 245/70's on my alloys with no issue. 235/70 was a OEM size tire. The only reason I can see them saying this is that if you were to look, a 235/70 grabber is slightly bigger in diameter than a 235/70 Wrangler. Like I said though, I have 245/70 and it's fine.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only difference I see between mine and the one you pictured would be the steel versus alloy rims. As both are 16x7, I can't see there being an issue.

Jeep dawg

Reaction score
Hey guys. I have not been on here in a LONG TIME. I get L.O.S.T on the L.O.S.T site too much.

I am confused with these tire questions and the size.
I am getting ready to get bigger tires for my freshly Frankenlifted 03 KJ.
STOCK mine came with 225/75/16. Currently I hav on 225/75/16 BFG AT/KO on the 5 star STOCK alloys. I can slapp on 235/70/16?

what does the 70 mean? ***/70/16 ***/75/16

help me I am going KRAZY with this crap

LibertyOrDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Simply put, will 235/70R16 General Grabber A/T's fit this stock 16x7 rim:
You must be registered for see images

Now I know it's silly, but the only reason I ask is my dad went to "a couple" of tire places and claims all of them said only Wranglers fit on that rim, and I instantly said BS to that...it sounded so made up or that the garages have a bunch of idiots working there.

Thanks in advance.
Joe
Well I am guessing the General's are considerably cheaper than the Goodyear's which mean they won't fit as well into the profit making scam or is it scheme. Either that or they are misreading the 235 as 285/70R16, because they are ********. Or your dad wants to get Wranglers and is saying the Grabbers don't fit.

Anyway the 70 refers to the ratio of tire width to sidewall height. A 235/70 tire is 235MM (9.25in) wide and has a 165MM (6.5in) tall sidewall which is 70% of the width of the tire. To convert a MM size to inches divide the MM by 25.4. The diameter is determined by adding the rim size (16in) to the sidewall height 6.5*2+16=29inches. The most common sizes, 225/75R16 and 235/70R16 are respectively standard and optional sizes for the Liberty.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.