How to get the fog lights to stay on a 2006 liberty when the high beams are on!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eightballtruckin

Reaction score
The normal way to circumvent the high beams discoing the fog lights evidently cannot be done doing the conventional cut pin 1 on the fog lamp relay then re-enter same into the block??? cannot locate a fog lamp relay in either the fuse box inside nor the one under the hood only relay i have is day time driving light relay and that's removed to keep my lights from staying on during day light times, so is their a mod to keep the fog lights on when high beams are put on? please post if possible, and also if you could,email my email, thanks in advance. The schematic i have is for kk/kj/and mopar 3.7 dodge trucks 200 thru 2007, some shows 2 relays, some show 1 relay, and 1 shows no relay looks like that mod would be a program in the ecm mod, if that's the case i have an access to an autel maxis assist unit. i enjoy reading all the post from all the folks that have the jeeps, ill be building a winch bumper soon when i get back to my home, and keeping the stock bumper on the unit, ill post my building of this when i start it in case like me you want to keep your front stock bumper, i happen to like the looks of it so thats why ill be building one.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Most laws only state 2 headlights on high beam and thus that is the way all vehicles are built.
Some wire around it , but I have never found an advantage to doing it
Search button works great

daves06lrenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Using a lamp test probe find the power feed (lead) to the high beam...
add a 10amp 50 rectifier... One side to this lead and the other to the power feed to the fog lights...(banded end towards the fog lights)...
The rectifier acts as a one way street for current flow so when the high beams are on (and the fog lights have no power) the rectifier feeds +12v from the high beam circuit to the fog lights... The rectifier keeps the high beams off when just the fog lights are on (when the low beams are on)... otherwise you would have both the high and low beams on when the fog lights and the low beam lights are on...
see... https://www.ebay.com/itm/10-PCS-10A...R-RECTIFIER-for-solar-panel-DIY-/121122909264
Dave

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
The normal way to circumvent the high beams discoing the fog lights evidently cannot be done doing the conventional cut pin 1 on the fog lamp relay then re-enter same into the block??? cannot locate a fog lamp relay in either the fuse box inside nor the one under the hood only relay i have is day time driving light relay and that's removed to keep my lights from staying on during day light times, so is their a mod to keep the fog lights on when high beams are put on? please post if possible, and also if you could,email my email, thanks in advance. The schematic i have is for kk/kj/and mopar 3.7 dodge trucks 200 thru 2007, some shows 2 relays, some show 1 relay, and 1 shows no relay looks like that mod would be a program in the ecm mod, if that's the case i have an access to an autel maxis assist unit. i enjoy reading all the post from all the folks that have the jeeps, ill be building a winch bumper soon when i get back to my home, and keeping the stock bumper on the unit, ill post my building of this when i start it in case like me you want to keep your front stock bumper, i happen to like the looks of it so thats why ill be building one.
As Tom said, such a function is not street legal most everywhere.
Add some spots to your bumper or mount em as ditch lights for off roading