Got the KJ ;)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimheem

Reaction score
Well, the "new" KJ is in the driveway. I can't register it probably until mid-next week, and it's salty and covered in ice - but.. It's HOME, and fully paid for ;)

It's for my wife, and she has no idea it's here. She doesnt think we are getting it for a couple weeks. She'll be pleasently surprised I think when she gets home from work.

Only picture I have is from my front door/driveway webcam, it'l have to do for now.

You must be registered for see images

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congratulations! You'll both enjoy it.

I know what you mean about the salt... I like to hand wash my Jeeps, but it's been so cold that I've run the KJ through an autowash three times in the last two weeks, and it's again covered with salt. ](*,)

Cableguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
grogiefrog said:

I know what you mean about the salt... I like to hand wash my Jeeps, but it's been so cold that I've run the KJ through an autowash three times in the last two weeks, and it's again covered with salt. ](*,)

We've got the same problem, but with Pollen. Wash the jeep one day, come out the next and the whole thing is covered in yellow pollen dust. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cableguy said:
grogiefrog said:

We've got the same problem, but with Pollen. Wash the jeep one day, come out the next and the whole thing is covered in yellow pollen dust. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

I'll take the pollen and sunshine anytime... LOL

I hate the salt and the salt trucks. When I was a youth... that was before everyone started to salt the roads anytime it may snow an inch. Sure, the salt generally works, but wow, it rusts everything. My old hometown did throw down some sand at intersections. People back then just took their time, or stayed home if it was that bad.

Cableguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
grogiefrog said:

I hate the salt and the salt trucks. When I was a youth... that was before everyone started to salt the roads anytime it may snow an inch. Sure, the salt generally works, but wow, it rusts everything. My old hometown did throw down some sand at intersections. People back then just took their time, or stayed home if it was that bad.

Trust me, it's still cold here. Not as cold as you northern folks, but still, the sunshine dosen't really cancel it out. 27 Degrees is pretty cold, especially when you throw in 73% humidity, all of .5 mi from the ocean, and nothing between you and it to break the wind. Working at night *****!

I was born and raised in Minnesota, so believe me, i feel your pain with the salt. That crap eats cars for lunch.

JJsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Poor thing looks sad sitting there. It wants to be bashing through that snow bad, I can tell. 78 and sunny as hell here today, broke a sweat in a t-shirt washing the KJ. \:D/

2003KJ

Reaction score
JJsKJ said:
Poor thing looks sad sitting there. It wants to be bashing through that snow bad, I can tell. 78 and sunny as hell here today, broke a sweat in a t-shirt washing the KJ. \:D/

Stop the presses!!!!!!

John WASHED the KJ!?!?!?....I am stunned :-#

Back to the topic...glad you got the KJ!

jimheem

Reaction score
It wants to be bashing through that snow bad, I can tell.

Actually, the picture doesn't show the snow flying, but it actually was thrashing the snow at that point. The webcam detects motion, so that picture was snapped as I was pulling into the driveway.. and uhm.. I kinda don't like shoveling or plowing the driveway, since we now have 3 Jeeps, a Land Rover, and a 4x4 Truck, ha. So there is a good 6 inches of slushy, icy, dirty, loose ice at the end of the driveway to thrash though. My neighboors probably think I'm a freak, but I don't care.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
grogiefrog said:
Cableguy said:
grogiefrog said:

gimme cold, snow and salt anytime.

pollen kills me...