Got my new tire cover!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KJ zGal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I haven't been on here in forever, but I thought I'd share the fact that I revamped my "YES, it's a stick" tire cover with my new business =D

You must be registered for see images

Ain't she a beauty?! Unfortunately the other beauty this one's strapped to has been a real pain lately, with the AC dying and now the regulator in the front window. Anyone ever seen a cord actually come out where the window should? I thought it was some sort of insect--scared the crap out of me! Anyway, she's going in to get everything that needs to be done fixed up before I move out of the area in another month and have no money to do it =P

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Cover Look Very Professional! Best of luck in your new adventures and move.
Where did you get the cover from? Like the hard shell black backing.

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Nice cover,Good to see you are still kicking. AC is SOO over rated.

KJ zGal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol I don't know, I rather like AC--I don't have AC in my house or my new apartment so I rather liked the AC working in the Jeep, but so much for that idea. Got the regulator fixed though so at least I can put the windows down.

The tire cover came from http://www.sparetirecovers.com/ --My aunt was the one who actually put this design on though. That site did the original letters I had on it before these ones.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice cover,Good to see you are still kicking. AC is SOO over rated.

Yeah, nice cover.

A/C is only over rated in the winter..........:smokin:

Dave

dejesu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i don't even have a cover, i personally like the 'no cover look'

but it looks awesome, congratulations on the purchase!

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
How about a cover with a picture of the rim on it. :)

Neb1373

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How about a cover with a picture of the rim on it. :)

I love that idea. I have a question. My spare that has never touched the ground looks like some of the belts are breaking and it's getting dryrotten and discounted. Does the spare tire cover protect the tire from the elements? I may replace the tire and get a cover.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
The covers do ok to protect tire and rim with a little water gettin in the back.
They do not protect from aging as any tire 6 years old regardless of condition should be replaced with a new one. Knowing how to read the manufacturer date is tricky though.
See this video and how to read manufacturing dates.
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/aged-tires-driving-hazard-4826897

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
Or you could always opt to rotate in the spare and get some use out of it instead of let it get so weathered. Then when it's time for new tires, replace all 5.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I seriously doubt that cover will add substantial life to tire. Most of the newer vehicles keep the tires under body and they get a lot more junk including gravel and salt. The only thing the cover protects it from is the sun. If you think sun will deteriorate tires, then you will need four more tire covers. Wear your rim proudly, it is not meant to be covered, unless you got something to say, or support a team, or even put a picture of your grandma if you love her so much. :)

Neb1373

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I'm sure uv probably puts a lot of wear on tires, but at least the other 4 tires move and get different angles of the sun every day... I was just curious, and I know a hard shell would be a lot more protective, but like I said, just curious.

chill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is a fabulouls tire cover. I am sportin the factory JEEP one. I have looked into others but nothing has spiked my curiosity though. The solid skin on yours is nice. If I get a new cover i want it like that.

Members online