Got a flat today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SETexasLibby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will the tpms light only come off when serviced? Is it bad that it's still on? I'm a noob to these new technologies lolz, please fill me in.

nchorselover55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have the spare on... the tire is still flat and the light will stay on till you get the tire repaired/replaced and air back in it.

Do not let some jackleg remove the valve stem and replace it, when putting on a new tire... the valve stem is the pressure sensor and must now be replaced.

The spare does not have a pressure sensor... at least on my Sport/

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Um, all of the wheels, spare included, on my '05 have the TPMS system installed. Did DC change the config on later model Jeeps?

Cherrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have space saver spare.no tpms in it. I 'd like full size spare a asked Idaho08KK about adding Tpms to one he said he didn't think it could be done.I believe he has towing package and full size spare,but no tpms in spare on his.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is no tire pressure monitor in the spare?

Dave

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like it's a donut spare dave. Probably no TPMS in one of those seeing as the inflated pressure on a donut would be considerably higher than the other four service wheel/tires.

Cherrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not in my space saver and from what Idaho said can't be added to full size. Maybe he'll chime in?

Cherrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So with the tow package you get the full size spare with tpms? So how come you can't add the tpms to a full size spare? And why do some have a full size spare and not have tpms? Dealer installed "factory tow package"? I have too many questions!