Good to know.. parking brake doesn't do much.. until

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bohica-kj said:
Marlon_JBT said:
MoladoGuy said:
Marlon_JBT said:
jfortier777 said:
Since we are on the topic of drivers training....

If you haven't driven in motor city, you don't know how to drive yet. [-(
lol3.gif

U guys havn't driven through Chicago huh...Let alone the West Coast.
I have! That's why I used the lol3.gif face. Detroit is nothing compared to Chi-Town.

You really want to learn how to drive......come to Seoul S.Korea. These people are insane behind the wheel!!!!

As for the parking break topic.
I find, it pulls tighter when I have my foot off the brake peddle. Or, vice versa, I cant remember right now. But, I think it does make a difference if you're mashing the brake when you pull up the e-brake.

You would be correct about that. 8-[

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine doesn't start to engage to where it will actually hold the vehicle until it is about 3/4 of the way up and I then pull it tight. I use it about 1/2 the time on flat surfaces and all the time on inclines. It's just an adjustment as to when it grabs but I don't think you would want it to grab too soon.

2003KJ

Reaction score
I've been meaning to crawl under there and adjust it so it will work better, just been too busy.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2003KJ said:
I've been meaning to crawl under there and adjust it so it will work better, just been too busy.

I think Ill do that today. I did it about a month ago but Im going to do it again.

robotmonkey

Reaction score
"When I drive a rental car, I don't know what's going on with it, right? So a lot of time I drive, like, for 10 miles with the emergency parking brake on. That doesn't say a lot for me, but it says even less for the "emergency parking brake." It's more like an "emergency make-the-car-smell-funny lever."

-- Mitch Hedberg

DougBenn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rofl2.gif

I was thinking that same thing. Hear Mitch on Sirius. That dude is funny.

Members online