Fuel pump not working (tried new one)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lautinjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have the key w/ line through it light on mine, but my check engine light on the right is on. Are all 2002 Jeep keys chipped? I'm pretty sure I had a spare key made at Home Depot and it worked. I'll have to dig it out a recheck it.

I'll jumper my fuel pump though to check it before I go dropping the tank... that's a good tip that may save me a ton of work. Guess I'll start looking at ECM's too...

Does the ECM have to be installed in the Jeep to be programed? My Jeep is also sitting a long ways from any dealer at my Dad's barn.

Actually the answer is no. I have installed many and either brought to Dodge to have flased, had flashed by CQ out of vehicle, Or had flashed by mobile programmer. All dependent on the situation or circumstances. In my area I have a guy that will come to you for reflashing. Also aftermarket Tech has come along way even alot of vehicle's that usually have to be installed can be flashed out of vehicle now. As far as keys that is a pretty simple task for most modern scan tools,

Call a few Local shops see if they know a local mobile programmer. He will be able to tell you what is needed for your particular vehicle and may come to you to flash cheaper then a Tow. Also check with CQ if they have the ability to flash. My local CQ industrial can do almost anything, but not all are equal.

Either way be sure it's a ECU before replacing.