Fuel pressure regulator kj2006

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackhawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi!
I wanted to know if the kj fuel pressure regulator located inside fuel module assembly is serviceable. I have spent all day long looking for it.....
Any info?

DadOSix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
doubtful. If you go to that much work to pull the pump, why not replace it? With something OEM. Don’t skimp here.

blackhawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, for me it's easy, I open a cute hole to be able to take off the module from the trunk. I replaced the whole module and want to repair the old one whose regulator is kind of stuck....

DadOSix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, for me it's easy, I open a cute hole to be able to take off the module from the trunk. I replaced the whole module and want to repair the old one whose regulator is kind of stuck....
Great workaround! tbh, i am not sure if a fpr is listed separately.

is there any number / code that we can search up?

blackhawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not really, I took a look to Mopar parts catalogue and it doesn't mention any fuel pressure regulator!

XWrench3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"doubtful. If you go to that much work to pull the pump, why not replace it? With something OEM. Don’t skimp here."

+1 here, I can tell you from experience to do this repair the correct way! In my last vehicle I went the "cheap" route 4 times (I bought the first pump, it was replaced twice under warranty (of course I had to do all the labor) and shortly after the warranty expired I had to do it AGAIN! N E V E R cheap out on in tank fuel pumps. It is ABSOLOUTLY NOT WORTH IT !

DadOSix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not really, I took a look to Mopar parts catalogue and it doesn't mention any fuel pressure regulator!
- i did not think I had heard of it.

Are you sure there is a regulator at the pump? I know there is a fuel level sender and the pump itself.

I am thinking the fuel pressure is not regulated at the pump but by the rail and fuel returned.

in any hydraulic / fluid mechanics application, a pump creates flow, pressure is generated by ‘resistance to flow.’

The pump’s function is to generate high flow fuel to feed the injectors. The system pressure should be controlled by a sensor on the rail. When you first power on the key, the fuel pump should run and quit. The signal to stop pump running comes from the regulator on the rail. Look to either side of the engine, up top and you should see a sensor with a 3 wire plug. On the rail, there is also a drain back line that returns excess fuel to the tank by the fuel pump.

Fuel Injection Pressure Sensor Regulator For Jeep Liberty 2.8L 3.7L 68020556AA

blackhawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
- i did not think I had heard of it.

Are you sure there is a regulator at the pump? I know there is a fuel level sender and the pump itself.

I am thinking the fuel pressure is not regulated at the pump but by the rail and fuel returned.

in any hydraulic / fluid mechanics application, a pump creates flow, pressure is generated by ‘resistance to flow.’

The pump’s function is to generate high flow fuel to feed the injectors. The system pressure should be controlled by a sensor on the rail. When you first power on the key, the fuel pump should run and quit. The signal to stop pump running comes from the regulator on the rail. Look to either side of the engine, up top and you should see a sensor with a 3 wire plug. On the rail, there is also a drain back line that returns excess fuel to the tank by the fuel pump.

Fuel Injection Pressure Sensor Regulator For Jeep Liberty 2.8L 3.7L 68020556AA
Yes, I have it on my hands. I searched info regarding this on all data. Yes, it exist but it's not mentioned anywhere as part of module.
On the other hand, the pressure sensor regulator you refer is only valid for diesel engines.

blackhawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are the pics of the regulator. I watched a YouTube tutorial on how to clean it by letting it sunk in carb cleaner. I've done this plus other free days in wd 40. I will install today to see what happen.....
You must be registered for see images attach

DadOSix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are the pics of the regulator. I watched a YouTube tutorial on how to clean it by letting it sunk in carb cleaner. I've done this plus other free days in wd 40. I will install today to see what happen.....
cool! Can’t wait to see what it functions like. In all honesty, that gizmo looks like a check valve to me.

blackhawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just look in attachment what I found out..... This is in the kj 2006 service manual

Attachments

• IMG_20230320_090749.jpg
    IMG_20230320_090749.jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 12

blackhawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried with the fuel pressure regulator duly cleaned and nothing!
This module won't work for the purpose I wanted.. To keep it in good shape for future.
Find in the pic what'is inside the module.... So I guess that originally the former electrical pump and my fuel pressure regulator are good and that the problem is the filter inside the module which is completely obstructed. I have to use a big hammer to destroy it

Attachments

• IMG_20230320_121532.jpg
    IMG_20230320_121532.jpg
    299.9 KB · Views: 11

DadOSix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried with the fuel pressure regulator duly cleaned and nothing!
This module won't work for the purpose I wanted.. To keep it in good shape for future.
Find in the pic what'is inside the module.... So I guess that originally the former electrical pump and my fuel pressure regulator are good and that the problem is the filter inside the module which is completely obstructed. I have to use a big hammer to destroy it
great to see what is in there! Good find on that description of operation. I might have that manual here somewhere on the computer, but a case of the lazy kept me from looking!