Front Runner Rack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never seen one, don't have one.

My thoughts on it? HOLY CRAP THAT IS SUPER SUPER EXPENSIVE FOR A ROOF RACK!!!!!

$1125? Seriously? You could PAY someone to build you one to your exact specifications out of nearly any material you want (except perhaps titanium or gold) and it would be half that cost.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
It looks terrific, but I'm going to go along with the others on the price.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Great products but they really love everyone of them a lot and the price shows
Can get a custom built one way cheaper

Charlesthe2nd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is entirely overpriced, y'all are right about that. Also correct is the fact that for the money of a FR I could get one built.

The reason I like that rack is its overall weight. At just 60lb, and capable of carrying 300lb. The liberty is already heavy so less is more.

Another plus for the FR is that it is flat. Meaning I can mount a rooftop tent and it won't have to sit on the raised edges of most other racks.

I'm still looking for other options, as the FR is not in my budget. Baja racks mega mule is nice. Rhino racks has a similar one to FR, but it's outrageously priced as well. Also like the Rock Lizard full length rack. Although, if I wanted one of those for the summer I probably would have needed to order at the start of the year. I actually have RL roof rails with Yakima bars.

Love to hear more suggestions for full or 3/4 length racks.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For that price they could at least have a picture of it on a liberty on the site!

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For that price you could buy a welder and some steel. Design and build any rack you want and still end up on top by ending up with a welder.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
For that price you could buy a welder and some steel. Design and build any rack you want and still end up on top by ending up with a welder.
You could also hire a pretty girl for the day to stand there in a bikini and hand you the parts while you worked on it. :sawzall:

Creativity is key in these things, I think.

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could also hire a pretty girl for the day to stand there in a bikini and hand you the parts while you worked on it. :sawzall:

Creativity is key in these things, I think.

He'd probably wind up working on the wrong "rack"! :happy175: