Front Passenger Seat Belt - Child Seat Lock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I know this is a weird problem, but it's become a real pet peeve for my wife (and for me, by proxy).

On the front passenger seat belt, if you pull the seatbelt all the way out, it puts it into "Child Seat" mode, so it locks up. My wife is just shy of 6' tall, and minding two kids in the back seat, she often finds that the seatbelt has "locked" and she ends up having to take it off, retracting it all the way, and puts it back on. On a 3 hr car trip, this might happen 5 times. It's really quite annoying.

Soooo... does anyone know of a way to disable this "feature"? If not, the only thought I had would be to order a seatbelt from the UK (or some other country with RH drive) that wouldnt have this feature for the right seat belt. I thumbed through the repair manual and couldn't seem to find anything about this (It IS mentioned in the owners manual)

Thanks much & Happy Holidays all!

-Blu