Frankenlift - Before and After

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

icarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, here are the pics...

Before

You must be registered for see images

After

Suspension Parts - New versus Old

I noticed Al's arms are about the same size but are angled differently.

Before

After

Front end sat noticeably higher than the rear after lift. Initial measurement of lift at 3.75" at front pinch weld over stock "pre-lowered" (saggy?) struts. After hard off-roading lift is now 3.25" at front pinch weld. Front suspension is noticeably noiser over bumps than before. Prior to wheel alignment it wasn't really safe to drive above 50 kph and was a handful. After the alignment it drives great. I also removed the rear swaybar to try it. I like it and my vehicle still handles great on road. Feels more like a truck now. Just need some bigger tires now... :D

Will post some articulation pics later. Gets too dark early now. Hard to get pics.

Last edited:

Gringo Loco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good, My frankie is still a little noisy when it gets cold. Good thing that doesn't happen much down here, today was 84 degrees and tomorrow will be warmer. I wish Als A-Arms were red when I bought mine, woulda looked good with a black rennie. Congrats on your lift, now go wheel it some more.

2003KJ

Reaction score
Lookin good!

OT- All that salt on it in the first picture, your Jeep looks like the woody edition KJ!...LOL!

Just dont let Blake see that.....it'll damn well give him a heart attack!

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, looking good!

OT- All that salt on it in the first picture, your Jeep looks like the woody edition KJ!...LOL!

It'll do him good, get the old blood flowing and make sure the adrenals work properly :D

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
Looks good!! Al's upper a arm looks nice and the angle looks a lot better.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lookin good!

Tim........yea, salt everywhere here too and everyone's vehicle looks like that here. We have had snow every day but one for the last week where I am. The last 2 days we just had a "dusting" but the salt is "bad" here too. When you try to spray it off at the car wash it is all salted up again when you leave. Blake would "go nuts"

BTT....that lift looks really good. The "before and after pics" really show the difference.

Dave

flair1111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im glad i dont live where you do lol! I have kept mine clean inside and out since ive had it. i hate the thought of cleaning all that mud off.

icarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, that one downside to living in snow country. Vehicles will tend to rust sooner here as well. It also makes it hard to work on your vehicle. I had one bolt on the rear end that took me 2 hours to remove. It was rusted tight and I broke a HD socket in half trying to remove it. Had to go buy a new one to finish. That first picture is from last year when we had record snow falls. This year is just average amounts. Last year -

Last edited:

icarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to repost all the pictures as Imageshack giving problems. Thanks for all your comments! :)