Foglight Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jp1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm about to buy the Mopar Foglight Kit for the Liberty. I looked at the "How-To" section and it looks do-able.

My question is, for those (if any) that have done the install, are there any tips/tricks/gotcha's that I should know before I attempt to break...errr, I mean, install the kit? 8-[

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey-

You should have no problems with this, it's all pretty straightforward. What I'd suggest is prep yourself to do battle with the firewall.. it's something other than fun. With two people who arent afraid of getting dirty, its doable tho. The stem (w/ turn signals) is a pain to get off, requires some brute strength to get the metal piece holding it in place off.

You may consider running the wire that would normally go to the headlights to the parking lights instead, because the mopar kit does not work the same way that the factory ones would... if you connect them as specified, you cannot use them w/o the headlights on. The indicator on the dash is a bit dodgy too, it's not perfect.

If you've taken a look @ the pictoral how-to install your foglights guide and still have questions, post here, and we'll help ya out.

Just allow more time than you think you'll need, and you should be fine.

I scanned the manual & have a pdf of it if you'd like to peruse b4 u buy.

-Blu

jp1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool....

I'll take a look at the PDF and see what's in store for me.

Thanks!

jp1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BluPhant said:
Hey-

You should have no problems with this, it's all pretty straightforward. What I'd suggest is prep yourself to do battle with the firewall.. it's something other than fun. With two people who arent afraid of getting dirty, its doable tho. The stem (w/ turn signals) is a pain to get off, requires some brute strength to get the metal piece holding it in place off.

You may consider running the wire that would normally go to the headlights to the parking lights instead, because the mopar kit does not work the same way that the factory ones would... if you connect them as specified, you cannot use them w/o the headlights on. The indicator on the dash is a bit dodgy too, it's not perfect.

If you've taken a look @ the pictoral how-to install your foglights guide and still have questions, post here, and we'll help ya out.

Just allow more time than you think you'll need, and you should be fine.

I scanned the manual & have a pdf of it if you'd like to peruse b4 u buy.

-Blu

Foglight kit is on the way! \:D/

BTW....you mentioned to hook up the wires to the parking light instead of the headlight. Which color wire do I splice into if I'm going to use the parking lights instead of the headlights?

Thanks again.

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I honestly dont know... there were a thread about it on another board I frequened before bennett put this one up, but I cant seem to find it now. Best bet is going to be for you to get a service manual, and determine what the wire is that you're supposed to be tapping into, and find the same wire on the parking light. It is most likely 12+, so you'd just need to determine which of the 2 wires going to the light is positive, & which is negative..... and, it might only have one wire going to it and use the screw as a chassis ground, so that would make it even easier :)

Holler if u need help, I'll try and be better about visiting here more frequently.

-Blu

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Caveat Emptor - if you do connect your fogs this way, it will enable you to run the foglights with the high beams, which is a no-no in most states, so exercise caution when on-roading with fogs & brights. Also, the fog light indicator on your dash will not reflect this, it will go off when you have the brights on.

If you connect it per the directions, the fog light indicator will come on if you pull the fog switch with parking lights, but the fogs will not come on. I complained to DC about this awhile back, because this difference isnt noted anywhere in the directions, but never got any reply.

-Blu

jp1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We installed the kit last Saturday and didn't really run into problems. The stalk assembly was a piece-o-cake. The hardest part was getting out the grill inserts and making the wires neat and tidy.

We wound up just wiring the kit to the lowbeams on the headlights. This is OK anyways since my wife doesn't like the parking light/foglight combo. She'd rather have the fogs only with the lowbeams.

Thanks again for the help.

joostin420

Reaction score
BluPhant - is there any way you could go into a little more detail on the way to hook up your fogs to allow them to be used with high beams please.

my kit is coming in at the end of the week and would like to do this like i have done on my WRX.

thanx,

justin

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.