fog lights w/highbeam mod question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeeptorino68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just did the mod with the fog lights so that they will work with the headlights...
i have one problem though, and i am not sure if this is normal for the modification or not...

what i did, soldiered a wire directly to the pin on the relay and then plugged the relay back in, then i tapped into the white with tan wire from the turn signal stalk.

now what happens:
all the lights work, but the fog lights if turned on will stay on until the fog light switch is turned off and either
1) all the lights are turned off
or
2) the high beams are turned on and then off.

otherwise it works, and keeps the fogs on with the high beams, but if the fog light switch is turned on the only ways to turn the fogs back off are one of the two options.

i am thinking it is because of how i tapped into the relay and that i should completely remove the relay from its socket and use the jumper wire method from the write up...or does it work that way with the method from the write up too...

Neal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No you screwed up, do it the way is was written up

jeeptorino68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i didn't screw up... i did it on purpose, i figured since it was tricking the relay by sending another ground that this would accomplish the same thing with less wires, and bits and pieces for me to make/deal with...
and it didnt quite accomplish the task as i had hoped.

will do it as the write up specified.