flickering oil light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2 jeeps

Reaction score
I have seen similar threads on the board. I see, make sure its full of oil, is the oil switch above filter going out, is it the wiring? Some speak about oil pump going out. Question what is the procedure to put a test gauge on engine? Is there a oil pressure gauge on the display? Car is granddaughters, in near by town.
It is mentioned that the performance is cut back if oil pressure is sensed? Is this cut back noticeable?
Miles 157,684
2.4L

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
It's unlikely the oil pump is bad. Oil pressure sensors do go bad. You can add a "T" fitting where the pressure sensor is mounted and add a gauge if there's enough room. "Limp mode" is very noticeable when it happens.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
once you typed 2.4L, I immediately went to "bad sender." NOTORIOUS for stupid crap like that. Even MOPAR branded sensors are known to konk out minutes after installation.

2 jeeps

Reaction score
Thanks for replying, my reply is late. User/password issues?
I have not got access to the jeep yet. Go figure, teenage grand daughter always busy. When I get access ill replace the sender near oil filter.
Also I get the limp home mode, that would be really telling. That would get a call from the granddaughter for sure!

Latest posts

Members online