First warranty repair

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DnvrJeepGuy

Reaction score
Had my first warranty experience with my KK today. Sunday evening, the switch went dead for the driver's door power window. Local dealer fixed it in about 3 hours after ordering the part in and its as good as new again.

Just thought I'd pass that along - wonder if anyone else will have that happen.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had my first warranty experience with my KK today. Sunday evening, the switch went dead for the driver's door power window. Local dealer fixed it in about 3 hours after ordering the part in and its as good as new again.

Crap happens, and that's what the warrenty is for.

I spilled coffee on the window switch once (different vehicle though) and it didn't like that and stopped working. I had to replace it.

No problems with the Jeep switches yet.

Dave

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Just a small comment:

Those window switches are Mercedes based/sourced. (Whether they're based or sourced is beyond me, I'm not entirely sure.)

rukusjeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At one point our rear window defrost "do hickey" popped out; it's the connector attached to the window (sorry I don't know name for that part) anyway I noticed it had popped out of its place and brought it to my dealership, instead or re-soldering it back into place they installed a new window. Wow. No cost. :D

Walt

Reaction score
Air did not work correctly from day 1 and a broken latch on the flip over rear storage area.

KKDude08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You mean the rear glass pop up window? Mine works but it take more than average pressure to get it to close. You have to close it and then give it a good shove and then it will click.

DnvrJeepGuy

Reaction score

Just an update - I've now had this particular repair done for the 4th time. Anyone else had any problems with the power window switch?

GhstRider

Reaction score
My KK has been going to be going in the shop for the 2nd time for warranty. 1st time was for the passenger side molding was tearing. The 2nd time is for piece of molding on the outside of the windshield that is coming loose.:mad:

Diggerfreek

Reaction score
Nope, Haven't had a problem with the switches yet. I have been in for the center console

wingnuts

Reaction score

I find this very alarming that it took that long to replace a switch in the door.

That technician had to loose his ass on that one, I'm would guess book time would be like 30 minutes or something like that

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just an update - I've now had this particular repair done for the 4th time. Anyone else had any problems with the power window switch?

Interesting. About once a year, maybe twice, my windows get left down slightly during a rain and all four doors get pretty soaked on the inside of the vehicle. Been expecting a problem... never had one.

Jon153

Reaction score
Might be the TIPM

Both me and my girlfriend have 2009 KK's. I haven't had any problems with mine but she had a problem with her window switches. They stopped working the other day. The dealership said that the TIPM had gone bad. This is apparently part of the fuse block area under the hood and stands for something like, "totally integrated power management". When this goes bad it can affect various things such as the window switches, dome lights, dash lights, radio, etc. It might affect one thing, not another, or all of them at once. A few months ago her radio went out as well but the dealer just replaced the radio. Maybe it was the same thing? She apparently tried to adjust the dash light dimmer the other day and then the windows stopped working. I was curious and asked a bunch of questions in case it happens to my KK.
The mechanic may have replaced the switches and then realized it was the TIPM later thus taking 3 hours to repair it?