First Time Jeep Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adoihcj

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm a proud new owner of a 2009 Jeep Liberty, and this is my first Jeep in almost 30 years of owning vehicles. I'm a member of several Toyota and Mazda forums so I appreciate all of the suggestions of forum members.

I'm the second owner of this Liberty and it has 65,000 miles on it. Purchased it for my daughter who will be getting her license in the near future and wanted a vehicle that feels like a tank and has a high stance. While the Liberty definitely has a truck feel to it, and is not as nimble as SUVs I've owned in the past, I am absolutely in love with it! In fact, I'm thinking my daughter can go find her own vehicle and I'll take the Liberty! :)

Anyway, I wanted to ask the community here regarding what I should be on the lookout for at 65,000 miles. I've read the reviews/ratings regarding issues owners have had with the Liberty, but it seems like the issues reported are issues seen with all cars. It has four brand new tires, new brakes and rotors, and everything works (you know how sometimes you purchase a used vehicle and there's always a few things that do not work). So if you have any suggestions on what I should be doing to ensure it can last for the next several years, please let me know.

Thanks!

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just service it, just like you would any new-to-you used vehicle. Oil, coolant, front diff, rear diff, t-case, transmission. Plugs would be good to do as well.

Nice part about these, you don't have to worry about timing due to it having a chain.

If it shifts good, sounds good, and feels good, it's probably good! The only main issue I've had with my '04 is that I replaced the transmission. That was my own neutral-dropping stupid fault.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome. Also agree with Dude1116.

Dave