First Real drive inthe KJ...My impressions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joeg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My first real highway trip with the KJ and it was just fine…..If it wasn’t, my wife would have told me so and she was quiet the whole way.

We left Orlando Florida at 10:30 AM the 15th and arrived in Northern Ohio just west of Cleveland almost exactly 24 hours later. Total of 1105 miles.

The KJ performed beautifully. I would estimate I got about 21 mpg (haven’t done the actual cipher yet) and that was more than expected since the car was loaded with boxes of personal items from the front seats to the tailgate. floor to roof, air conditioning running the first 8hrs or so, and using cruise control maybe (?) 50% of the time.

The Silent Armor tires were at 38psi, quiet, and smooth (except for some poorly patched roads and many tar strips) I ran into a couple small rain showers but not enough rain to say how well the tires performed on wet roads.

My Garmin reports I averaged 62 miles per hour but the Garmin also factors in stopped times. My speedo was normally close to the 70mph mark thru most of the drive.

I know the wife wanted to take her Impala, as we usually do, because she prefers the couch like seats and very smooth ride. But, due to what we wanted to carry with us the KJ won out. She made no complaints about the seats until after we completed the drive. She said the seats were hard and too small. I told her the seats are all the same size and it wasn’t the seat that was small but her______ was too large… that’s another story though.

I have lower back problems like many do but I felt just fine the entire drive. No complaints from me.

After possibly a couple hundred more miles while here in Ohio we’ll make the 1105 mile return drive. I bought the KJ in November of 2006, It had 13000 miles on it and was only used as a daily driver by me. First real highway test and it was JUST FINE !!

:D :D

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice review, thanks. I agree with most of what you say, but I too think the seats could use some improvement. Also the driver's foot well is a little cramped, it needs to be widened some.

As for your average MPH on the Garmin c340, it gives overall (top left box), and moving average (center box) as does my c530. Both models use the same screen....

You must be registered for see images attach