Fire Extinguisher

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2006 KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thought i'd post this because it's a good, cheap, DIY project. Also it's a great idea to carry a fire extinguisher. I've been meaning to do this since i've had my jeep just never got around to it.

the extinguisher was $24.99 from auto zone
Mark mounting holes
Drill mounting holes with 1/8in drill bit
Mount with very corse thread bolts (much larger then 1/8th in but still fit in mounting holes of metal bracket)

You must be registered for see images attach

first&lastKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good idea, I have thought about getting fire extinguishers, one for each vehicle. I have only used one once for a car fire, luckily it wasnt mine.

theroofable

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great thing to have, although they don't do much good. Best to be used as an escape tool.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I decided since stuff rattles in the back already, that I would place mine here.
One for both driver & passenger side is good and it is only secured with red strap.
42321[/ATTACH]"]

Turn them upside down and hit the bottom on them every once in a while, so powder does not cake on.
If they are a few years old get them inspected /recharged as nothing worse than needing one and it does not work.

Attachments

• JeepExtinguisher.jpg
    JeepExtinguisher.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 2

Aaron2345

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you get pulled over in NJ with a fire extinguisher and there's no marking on the outside of your vehicle you'll be given a ticket.... So i would check with your state police about this..... I believe its for the safety of firemen and such if your car is on fire they know its there and a possibility of an explosion

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got mine mounted in the same place on the back window sill. I was concerned it may come loose, but it's been there about 6 months and the mounting is still secure.

theroofable

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you get pulled over in NJ with a fire extinguisher and there's no marking on the outside of your vehicle you'll be given a ticket.... So i would check with your state police about this..... I believe its for the safety of firemen and such if your car is on fire they know its there and a possibility of an explosion
I can't say I have heard of that ticket. I hope my firefighter license plates will get me out of that one...

2006 KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score

interesting.. thanks for the info. i'll check it out for PA.