Finally got my "Man Tires"....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SurfGuitar141

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Goodyear Duratracs in 245/75-16....

$171.00 + tax mounted & balanced......(still waiting on the 5th "spare" to come in).....

You must be registered for see images attach

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will like em a lot had mine for a over a year now, and they look so sweet on your Libby.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks real good Surf. How do they perform?

Dave

SurfGuitar141

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks all....it sure feels better having "Man Tires" under you.....:smokin:

Got some rubbing issues right now, I'll have to either put the clevis lift back in, or do a little more front bumper / wheel well trimming....

Not so bad going forward, it's when I back up with the wheels in full lock that it makes a hell of a racket....scared the crap out of me the first time.....:freak3:

Depending on the weather tomorrow, I'll try and get them in the beach sand to see how they do......

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks all....it sure feels better having "Man Tires" under you.....:smokin:

Got some rubbing issues right now, I'll have to either put the clevis lift back in, or do a little more front bumper / wheel well trimming....

Not so bad going forward, it's when I back up with the wheels in full lock that it makes a hell of a racket....scared the crap out of me the first time.....:freak3:

Depending on the weather tomorrow, I'll try and get them in the beach sand to see how they do......

Mine did that for a while. I just keeping beating on the bumper until it stoped hitting. Also you gotta think about the rubber give them a few miles.

ericautopart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They don't look like they will work well on NJ beaches though..too grippy. I've always found that the stockers almost work better on the sand. They look great..I hope they work out. Where do you fish?

SurfGuitar141

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm lifted 2.5"....

Haven't had them on the beach enough yet to form an opinion, but will post it when I do....

I fish Ocean City, mostly in Corson's Inlet Park at the south end....

I did some additional trimming, but it didn't solve the rubbing, on advice from Thunderbirdjunkie, I pulled the 1.5" wheel spacers off, and that cured the problem. I didn't want to loose the spacers since they gave me a wider stance and allowed me to follow the same sand ruts left by the bigger trucks, but I couldn't deal with the hard rubbing every time I back up....and sometimes going forward too......

So far I like these tires, haven't had them long enough, or on enoght different surfaces to form an honest opinion yet, but I'll update this thread as I see how they do......

SurfGuitar141

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What you do with the spacers?
Wanna sell them?

I put one of them on the spare tire bracket to give me clearance for the rear glass, but I'd be willing to sell the entire set of 4 for the right price....

They're 5 X 4.5" X 1.5"

if you want them I'll sell for $100.00 plus shipping, PM me your zip code, I'll get a shipping estimate from the post office, let you know the final total, then you can either PayPal me, or send a postal money order, and I'll get them in the mail as soon as payment is confirmed.....

SurfGuitar141

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got my 5th (spare) tire today, the set is now complete for the first rotation that I'll do at the 5,000 mile mark....

Got 200 miles on them so far, about 10 of those miles on the beach. They do tend to dig in a bit on the sand, but not enough to cause problems. They handled the rain just fine, stuck to the road as well as any other tire I've owned. Maybe in another couple months I'll see how they handle the snow, but after last winter I wouldn't mind going the winter without seeing any of that white stuff......:freak3: