Finally back on here!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eric af blkltd

Reaction score
Man its been a long time since I've been on the forums! Military can keep you busy sometimes...but since I've been away for so long this is what has happened to my KJ:

Driver side LBJ failed while driving down the road...F*!#ed up my suspension/driveline/body damage!!!
A couple of studs on the wheel spacers I had sheared off...almost lost a wheel!!!

After the LBJ deal I had gotten deployed and my dad was taking care of the jeep. They convinced him while I was gone that since it was the ball joint that failed, they would eat the bill for ALL the new suspension/driveline parts and assy. However, it was the lift that helped the LBJ fail prematurely so they recommended putting all stock suspension back on. :( My KJ is no longer lifted...for now! I guess the best way to look at it is that I didn't have to spend about $3500 on the new parts and didn't die or hurt anyone when the LBJ went. But I will be putting on another lift you can be sure of that!!!

I haven't really been paying too much attention lately to new things that are available for the KJ now but over the past couple of days I've been seeing that a lot of people are happy with their Frankenlifts...is it safe to say that this lift is one of the top lifts out there?

Ahh its good to get on here and see some great lifted Libbys!

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome back to jeepkj!

Even without that lift off the joints will still wear out and fail sooner or later. If they wouldnt then they wouldnt of had a recall.

If you really want a lift then just get the greaseable moogs.

eric af blkltd

Reaction score
Yeah I've got a pretty good shopping list going right now...
Franky II
JBA UCAs
MOOG LBJs
Open Country A/T 245/75-16s...not 32s this time :D

I might even buy some Moog tie rod ends too.