Filled up the CRD with b99...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matford

Reaction score
My wife filled up our liberty CRD with a full tank of b99 last week. I think she paid about 3.05 per gallon... I was a little worried about an entire tank full of the stuff, but I figured what the hell? I took it for a spin over the weekend and didn't really notice any difference in the way it drives. The engine seems as happy as ever. It doesn't even smell like french fries. Has anyone else been running b99 in theirs?

Pnorton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the only thing that I have heard is that long term use could gum up the injectors??? I'm not sure how true that info is and I can't remember where I read that (somewhere online). I also read that one should stick with B5 to be safe? Does any one if that is true. Unfortunately in UT I have only on station for Bio and it is far away.

melted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It could cause some gumming if you have been using dino-diesel for a long time. Biodiesel is a good solvent, and it might loosen deposits left behind from previous tanks, and cause them to get stuck in filters or injectors etc. I also read a warning somewhere not to spill high percentage biodiesel on your paint because of the same high solvent effect.

matford

Reaction score
This is basically the 3rd tank of fuel we've put into the car so I'm not to worried about gumming from old fuel deposits or anything like that. I'll keep you guys posted if anything weird happens.

n3qik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have done B50 with a lost of .5 MPG. At B50 my exhaust did smell like fries/veggy oil. At B99 you should to, I would double check the supplier that it is B99.

gsbrockman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bio-diesel is not very plentiful in my neck of the woods; good ol' #2 is about $2.18/9 per gallon around here. Due to availability (and price) of the bio, I'll stick with good ol' #2. Also, just averaged 26.35 mpg on last tank....my CRD has about 3400 miles on it to date.
Greg