Factory Sub

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cvt8474

Reaction score
I just picked up my 09 Rocky Mtn Ed, which I really like a lot, but I'm considering putting in the factory sub woofer in the back. I know an after market would be louder, but I like the little space the factory one takes up. Does anyone know if the wiring for the sub should already be behind the interior panel? I wasn't sure if all the cheaps got the same wiring harness or not.

Adonis BHK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wiring harness should be there, but you will need the factory amp, panel, sub enclosure and sub.

What color is your interior?

cvt8474

Reaction score
Wiring harness should be there, but you will need the factory amp, panel, sub enclosure and sub.

What color is your interior?

My interior is the black cloth. The sub and amp are one unit correct? I've been looking for one on ebay, but have only found the sub for the KJ.

Adonis BHK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am currently re-doing the stereo in my KK, and I've got the factory infinity system with sub. After I took the back panel off, there is a separate enclosure for the sub behind it. Then behind and above the sub enclosure is the amp which powers the sub and all the components as well.

I was considering holding onto my factory gear for when I decide to sell this thing down the road, but I might take an offer and sell you the factory amplifier, sub, and sub enclosure if you are interested.

Let me know what your budget is, and we can see about getting you set up with all this gear.

cvt8474

Reaction score
I am currently re-doing the stereo in my KK, and I've got the factory infinity system with sub. After I took the back panel off, there is a separate enclosure for the sub behind it. Then behind and above the sub enclosure is the amp which powers the sub and all the components as well.

I was considering holding onto my factory gear for when I decide to sell this thing down the road, but I might take an offer and sell you the factory amplifier, sub, and sub enclosure if you are interested.

Let me know what your budget is, and we can see about getting you set up with all this gear.

I may be interested in purchasing the set, but I need a little more info. My email is [email protected] or [email protected]. When you say you took the back panel off, what exactly are you refering to? Are you talking about the plastic that fits around the sub or the interrior panel that goes around the window and down to the floor? Honestly, if you could send me some pictures to one of the above email addresses I would really appreciate it. Also, do you have the black interior? Sorry if the questions sound dumb, I'm just trying to make sure I'm on visualizing it correctly.

Adonis BHK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are some shots of the various components in the rear panel. As you can see, the rear panel covers the entire side of the back cargo area, so you'll need to find someone with the same interior color to trade with you, or buy it separately from the stealership.

The sub is in a seperate enclosure behind this panel, and then the amp is bolted behind the sub enclosure.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• backpanel.jpg
    backpanel.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 43
  • amponly.jpg
    amponly.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 43
  • panelremoved.jpg
    panelremoved.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 45
  • subonly.jpg
    subonly.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 39

1quick1

Reaction score
Adonis - those are good pics. Can you tell me or take a close up pic of the connections in to the amp? I want to see if the wiring is standard hookups because if so I may consider swapping my amp out and putting in a better 8" sub in the stock enclosure.

cvt8474

Reaction score
Here are some shots of the various components in the rear panel. As you can see, the rear panel covers the entire side of the back cargo area, so you'll need to find someone with the same interior color to trade with you, or buy it separately from the stealership.

The sub is in a seperate enclosure behind this panel, and then the amp is bolted behind the sub enclosure.

Hope this helps.

Those pictures really helped out, I have a much better understanding of what needs to be done. I need to do some checking around to see what it's going to cost to get that entire rear panel. Hopefully I can find something on ebay. Is the back panel held on by screws or mainly plastic clasps?

Adonis BHK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No screws...just those friggin plastic clips that always seem to break when you remove them.