EVIC Confused? Now with EVEN MORE Video!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score

JimKJ

Reaction score
Re: EVIC Confused? Now with Video!

Marlon_JBT said:
Someone tell me why I've got 7/8ths of a tank, and my Libby is telling me that I only have about 220 Miles to empty? Even my 3.7L wasn't that bad! Laugh.

How long does it take for the EVIC to "train" itself?

http://www.jeepkj.com/gallery/d/1621-1/MOV08935.MPG

Had you tried 'step'ing over to the average MPG display and pressing 'reset'? If that value is way off, the miles to empty will be too.

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Marlon_JBT said:
No! I loved my old Jeep!
Yes Marlon, but she's gone and you need to move on. If you keep the old image there you'll just start missing her, and just ask Jon what that leads too crazy.gif

Just Kidding Jon (biggrin)

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
I'm going to do what I did with my old Jeep, when I thought the fuel gauge was funky with that one....

Run it to empty, fill it all the way up. But of course, this won't be so quick of a process this time around. \:D/

I'll see if that helps it.

Still no advice or experiences?

cowcatcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First of all running a diesel dry is not a good plan IMHO.

When I picked up my CRD 300 miles from home as the undercover buyer/dealer transfer driver the battery was dead and they had to boost start it. (Probably associated with that recent BCM recall flash) The EVIC said it was dry and I limped to a station and let it idle while I filled it as I did not know if there was yet enough charge to restart. Turned out that the dead battery had made the EVIC think the tank was empty. It figured things out once it was refilled.

You may have a problem with the programming on the EVIC or you may have a sensor that just isn't working right. It is new so I would have the dealer fix it.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
I by no means meant to run it completely dry! Maybe under 1/4 not E, then fill up. Heck, that's exactly how much fuel was in it while I was test driving it Thursday.

cowcatcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Marlon_JBT said:
I by no means meant to run it completely dry! Maybe under 1/4 not E, then fill up. Heck, that's exactly how much fuel was in it while I was test driving it Thursday.

I guess I missed how new it really was. I would fill it up a couple of times and see if it sorts itself out.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
My avarage is about 14.8 with 200 to 230 between fill-ups.. Again, it might have been reseted just before a work on engine where it stood idle'ing or something else. After about a month you will see it for yourself, just keep resetting the Trip counter at each fill-ups, and hopefully you will be around 400s.. one day? :) Remember jeep said 500 miles on a tank. :-({|=

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
OK, after driving around again today, I think I've been stuck with a diesel-guzzler.

Oh please let this just be break-in! I know if I take it back to them, that's what they're going to blame it on.

Time for more video. Hang on.

http://jeepkj.com/gallery/d/1652-1/MOV08947.MPG

Maybe I'm worrying too much.

EDIT: I've noticed that in at least 2 of the videos, I'm in FT 4WD. I tend to play around with the 4WD lever for some strange reason, I'm not driving on the road like that. I do understand that lowers mileage.